Last day on the Bay of Quinte

DT10Sam

Hi Everyone,

Well today was the last day for walleye fishing on the Bay of Quinte and I had the itch to go seeing that it was going to be a beautiful warm day and sunny. Hard to beat those conditions. Well I ran into a problem I gave Glen the day off of work today and I knew that he would be out fishing and I felt that I had to get out for one more outing. The only snag in all of this is who will work at the store. Well I made an excutive decision and closed the store at 2:30 pm for the rest of the day and make this outing a family outing. I then asked Laurie to drive to the school and pull the kids out for the afternoon and we will make a good excuse as to why they need to be with the family. When the boys found out they were excited and now I knew I was in a jam because I will not be fishing after all. Anyone with a family knows that whenever the family goes fishing it becomes work and not a fishing outing. I shouldn't really complain since I did my share yesterday. Following are some pics of todays outing nad I will also add some pics of fish being caught in the past week. Hope you enjoy the following pics.

Our 2 boys Andrew and Hunter enjoying the sunshine while fishing.

AndrewandHunter.jpg

Laurie also getting in on the action, this being her first taste of ice fishing.

Laurie.jpg

Andrew very upset that he was pulled out of school just before a math test.

Andrew.jpg

Andrew extremely happy to be pulled out of school now that he has hooked his very first walleye. Oh by the way his math test is now tomorrow LOL.

AndrewwithFirstWalleye.jpg

Andrew and Hunter both with a couple of walleye for dinner.

AndrewandHunter2.jpg

We did meet up with Glen on the ice and here he is with his first walleye of the afternoon.

Glen2.jpg

Glen with a nice male walleye.

Glen-1.jpg

A bit of a wind came up and Laurie and Hunter decided to use the Frabill hut.

LaurieandHunter.jpg

Here are the ones we kept for dinner between the 5 of us.

Walleye.jpg

Now to go back since Friday of last week, and show you some pics of walleye that Glen and a customer of ours Dan caught this past few days.

Dan with a 13 1/2 lb walleye that went 34" now this was a real hawg and he did release the fish for someone else to catch after the spawning season.

Dan1.jpg

Glen with a couple of nice ones for the frying pan.

Glen3.jpg

The next day Glen with a 12 lb. Hawg and Dan with a couple for dinner. Glen released his fish after the pic.

GlenandDan.jpg

Dan with a few from today that he caught with a couple of his friends.

Dan.jpg

Well that is it for 2006- 2007 ice fishing on Bay of Quinte, now to get ready for the spring fishing season. We have marked all of these spots on a GPS and will hit them all next hard water season and we will try them in the spring as well. By the way tonight Laurie and Sam got skunked :wallbash:

Best regards,

Sam

Awesome report WTG.Lots of fish for the table.Thanks for letting the big ones go.I just read in a fishing magazine that the average female walleye has between 15 000 to 40 000 eggs during the spawn.A study of a 32 inch female walleye revealed that it had 162 000 eggs in her.

Nice pics and good for you closing the store and taking time for the family.I can't wait to be back in Quinte opening weekend in May.MTP :clapping::thumbsup_anim::clapping:

WOW....well done congrats :clapping: man they are some nice fish,and a some real big ones....and it must have been great to get the family out for the last day of the season,so far i think you have done the best :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: of any reports i have heard over the winter from the awsome bay of quinte,and like i said those pics say it all....way to go what a great way to end your 07 ice fishing season....bring on the open water.. :w00t: ..

HEY! Another parent-takes-the-kids-out-of-school-for-life-lessons day. Man I wish my folks were into fishing when I was young! I think the one who got to postpone his math test looks the happiest. Great job, looks like good family fun. And what a beauty average size for the fish in those pics. Can't beat Quinte - let's hope it stays this good for years to come! Counting down 'till the opener....

You did good, Sam. That's a beautiful report and I for one am glad that you're a member of this great community. Even if you're not on my team, keep'em coming......all the best of luck to you.

Sam........

One heck of a report..maybe the best Ive read this year.

I back everyones sentiments thus far about making that a family affair......WTG brother.WTG

It was more then an excutive decision..it was a great fatherly decision ...and in my books you should be good for several years with your family on that outing as far as Dad points go.

Got to add that they were also some nice 'eyes you'all pulled through the hole.

Sam...your boys have some serious ice rods BTW..couldnt make out the reels.

Even more then just an awesome family affair.......you seemed to have brought in your employees in the process.........Genius of you.

All the best of success this comming year,,,,,,,,You'll find MY family at your place regular once the soft water comes.......

Thanks for that report Sam..

Awesome...

-Peter

Great way to end out the season Sam and nuthin wrong with pulling the kids outta school for a day either, there's more to be learned, other than reading, writing and rithmetic.

Good to see everybody returning those bigguns back to the water too, that'll help guarantee the Quinte fishery remains excellent for your kids and then their kids after.

Hope to see you on Hay Bay on the May 24 weekend Sam