Lss-1 hd-7 active and working

aplumma

I had the big boat hauled today so I could finish installing the transducers.I got it all wired up and it was off to play with it. I must say it is a really powerful fishing tool. I went out to 4 ft of water and turned on the sidescan and set it off to scan 30 ft left and right. I was able to see clearly rocks, weeds and navigation pilings. The bait fish did not show up or I haven't found out what they look like yet.I then went out to deeper water and set up for bottom scanning. I was using the 200 khz on the sonar and 800 khz on the lss-1 unit. The difference once set up is amazing. The 800 looks more like an x ray than a sonar unit. The sonar would show a small red bump and the sounder would show a small hump/rock. In the water column the red blips would show up as ghost shadows either tight as a fish or gapping as a bait ball. I still have alot to learn but after 1 1/2 hrs it looks like a tool that is very useful for anyone who fishes in water that is usually over 20 ft.

Art

I had the big boat hauled today so I could finish installing the transducers.I got it all wired up and it was off to play with it. I must say it is a really powerful fishing tool. I went out to 4 ft of water and turned on the sidescan and set it off to scan 30 ft left and right. I was able to see clearly rocks, weeds and navigation pilings. The bait fish did not show up or I haven't found out what they look like yet.I then went out to deeper water and set up for bottom scanning. I was using the 200 khz on the sonar and 800 khz on the lss-1 unit. The difference once set up is amazing. The 800 looks more like an x ray than a sonar unit. The sonar would show a small red bump and the sounder would show a small hump/rock. In the water column the red blips would show up as ghost shadows either tight as a fish or gapping as a bait ball. I still have alot to learn but after 1 1/2 hrs it looks like a tool that is very useful for anyone who fishes in water that is usually over 20 ft.

Art

Very cool, I want to get one bad!!!

I'm with Drifter, I'll have to win the lottery or build a mess of rods before I can afford that toy (tool).

I am envious to say the least. Guess I'll just have to make my way down there (someday) and fondle it till I get my own. :P

With patients I was able to get the set from 2 different sources and it was only 1450.oo. The old 575 is going to the smaller boat and the smaller boat unit Black and white sounder Garmin is going to a friend who doesn't have a unit. With this unit making 2 boats and a friend happy it seems pretty reasonable.

Art