NF Shooting clay pigeons

vinnimon

I had an invite on a team for pigeon shooting today.I took the offer and man I loved it.Just so you know I havent shot it off in 10 plus years.I goofed a couple of times at the club and started to get the hang of it, roll call and swichting around.And I forgot glasses and ear plugs as well.Oh well, everything went fine.My first round sucked,and really improved on my second.Tempted to do a third on my own but I had a brewski in the club house.So next week I hope to do better than a 11, what ever that means for over all score.The best was 17 in our group.

To sum it up, it sure nice to fire of a gun that I was taught with and always keep.

I just hope Im not sore in the shoulder in the AM,LOL!

BTW, Im looking for a marinade for clay pigeons,LOL, they look a little dry to me,LOL.

I had an invite on a team for pigeon shooting today.I took the offer and man I loved it.Just so you know I havent shot it off in 10 plus years.I goofed a couple of times at the club and started to get the hang of it, roll call and swichting around.And I forgot glasses and ear plugs as well.Oh well, everything went fine.My first round sucked,and really improved on my second.Tempted to do a third on my own but I had a brewski in the club house.So next week I hope to do better than a 11, what ever that means for over all score.The best was 17 in our group.

To sum it up, it sure nice to fire of a gun that I was taught with and always keep.

I just hope Im not sore in the shoulder in the AM,LOL!

BTW, Im looking for a marinade for clay pigeons,LOL, they look a little dry to me,LOL.

I spent many a Saturday and Sunday shootin' clay.

Weather it was skeet, trap or sporting clays I loved 'em all.

I shot competitive trap for years but sporting clays were my favorite. :thumbsup_anim:

I miss that shooting since I moved up here as there is none to be found. :(

Its fun stuff.

We blast off a few hundred rounds every time we go to the hunt camp.

My buddy was Ohio State champ in sporting clays...now that guy can shoot

Edited by Dara

I spent many a Saturday and Sunday shootin' clay.

Weather it was skeet, trap or sporting clays I loved 'em all.

I shot competitive trap for years but sporting clays were my favorite. :thumbsup_anim:

I miss that shooting since I moved up here as there is none to be found. :(

I shot trap a bunch yrs ago and some skeet.I found trap required far more skill due too random bird flight paths and distance.Had different guns but nothing would touch my Browning superposed broadway for the shear joy of shooting it,what a sweet piece.

I used to shoot in competions,I will always remember having to shoot doubles in a meet (I had never shot em before,our club wasn't setup to throw em) and my 1st round I went 48 for 50 birds,my 2 missed were because I didn't fully lock up my O/U so it miss fired= count as missed birds,always wondered if I woulda shot a perfect 50/50.

Edited by hirk

I guess my 11 is 11/50.That sucks,LOL.We'll see next week.Ill keep you guys posted.

BTW dont slam on this question.

No shots allowed over 7 1/2 shot.I had some 6 and 4 shots with me.There bigger than 7 1/2 right?I brought what I had yesterday, a mixed bag of shots.

I guess my 11 is 11/50.That sucks,LOL.We'll see next week.Ill keep you guys posted.

BTW dont slam on this question.

No shots allowed over 7 1/2 shot.I had some 6 and 4 shots with me.There bigger than 7 1/2 right?I brought what I had yesterday, a mixed bag of shots.

Your 11 is out of 25.

A round of trap is 5 shots at each of 5 stations. ;)

A round of doubles is 10 shots (2 at a time) at 5 stations.

Yes 6's and 4's are bigger. :)

The higher the # the smaller the shot.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Your 11 is out of 25.

A round of trap is 5 shots at each of 5 stations. ;)

A round of doubles is 10 shots (2 at a time) at 5 stations.

Yes 6's and 4's are bigger. :)

The higher the # the smaller the shot.

thanks, thats what I figured.