baitcaster for muskie.

beertech

I put the 300 size Shimano Curado through it's paces last year fishing muskies and it held up and performed very well. It's one of the easiest casting reels I've ever seen. I could give it to my wife and she'd go the whole day without backlashing it. I used it for top water baits and bucktails up to double 8's. Bigger then that, dbl 10's etc. I used my calcutta 401.

As Ben mentioned,

Jerk baits, top waters, and spinners are all great on the Curado 300. A buddy of mine picked up the Revo and found a design flaw. You will notice your hand might get rather irritated by the end of the day, or at least he did. Take a look at the back of the Revo and you will soon find the housing on the back comes to somewhat of a point. After a day of Jerk baiting this point annoys the heck out of the flesh between your thumb and index finger.

After 3 yrs with the Curado 300, it is in the shop for repairs. I'll let you know what the outcome is. Don't get me wrong, I liked the 300 so much, I bought a second one.

Edited by Ron

The Shimano Curado 300 would be my choice because it casted nicely, had a fast retrieve, handled big baits, felt good on all of my St Croix Rods and most of all it held up the whole season under conditions that were destroying Abu C3's fast.

I put the 300 size Shimano Curado through it's paces last year fishing muskies and it held up and performed very well. It's one of the easiest casting reels I've ever seen. I could give it to my wife and she'd go the whole day without backlashing it. I used it for top water baits and bucktails up to double 8's. Bigger then that, dbl 10's etc. I used my calcutta 401.

Ditto....I put 2 through the paces last 2 years....no complaints! Awesome reel.