Good Friday fish feast

Jer

What a lovely day on Buckhorn today. It took a little bit of work, but once we found the crappie, the bite was on.

I have some pics, but the camera is being as fussy right now and doesn't want to download.

Nevertheless, suffice it to say, if you get a chance to get out on this wonderful weekend, go for it! The bite is on.

Why were we denied this opportunity for ice-out crappie for so long?

I figgered out the camera:

HPIM0473.JPG

HPIM0475.JPG

...on the BBQ:

HPIM0478.JPG

...mmm...bacon wrapped crappie delights:

HPIM0482.JPG

Edited by Jer

After taking a couple of pics (see going...going...going...GONE !) on this beauty of a day the good Lord has given us, I wet a line for half an hour but it was too windy to notice any bites so I wandered home and baked some sole fillets with some pan fries for supper.

I finally got out today for some and we had constant action the whole time. Got a couple nice ones. Was an awesome day day, except for all the crap hawks! ie. people in boats moving in on your spot 10 feet from where you are fishing after seeing you catch fish!!!.... give me a break!!..

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Edited by GoneFishin

good stuff guys ! me and my 4 buddies caught our limits.. and had a Fish FEAST! some bbq'd some deep fried.. cut up some potatoes to make some home fries = Dee-Lish !

and ya "Gonefishin" I hate that .. happend to me twice the past two days..lets just say I wasnt a happy camper..!

good stuff guys ! me and my 4 buddies caught our limits.. and had a Fish FEAST! some bbq'd some deep fried.. cut up some potatoes to make some home fries = Dee-Lish !

and ya "Gonefishin" I hate that .. happend to me twice the past two days..lets just say I wasnt a happy camper..!

I just wish I had a casting outfit on me lol. They would have lost a couple lures lol....

I hear you on that one, two years ago no one fished the spot where I like to go. This year I get there and there are 5 boats, I guess they figure it is their spot now. I didn't bother staying. I'll go when there is no one else around.

BTW, I wouldn't mind that bacon wrapped recipe! Boy that looks good.

Edited by Big Cliff

I hear you on that one, two years ago no one fished the spot where I like to go. This year I get there and there are 5 boats, I guess they figure it is their spot now. I didn't bother staying. I'll go when there is no one else around.

agreed ! it looks delicious

It's really quite simple, roll up your panfish fillets (or you can cut up walleye fillets into smaller strips), wrap them in a 1/2 a slice of bacon, pin with a toothpick, and spritz them with some Italian dressing.

Bake them at 350 to 400 on the BBQ for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the bacon is cooked to your liking.

Enjoy.

It's really quite simple, roll up your panfish fillets (or you can cut up walleye fillets into smaller strips), wrap them in a 1/2 a slice of bacon, pin with a toothpick, and spritz them with some Italian dressing.

Bake them at 350 to 400 on the BBQ for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the bacon is cooked to your liking.

Enjoy.

That sounds so simple that I might be able to cook that....

Now, if I can just find the stove :dunno:

Edited by splashhopper