Lake Simcoe Ice Thieves Arrested!

ranger520vx

Around the end of February, my friend was fishing Lake Simcoe around Kennedy and Lake Road.

Two individuals pulling a hut with a yellow snowmobile pulled up to him and struck up a distracting conversation for a few minutes. One of the individuals now is known to be 13 years old, the other his "father". They left and soon my friend noticed his cordless drill and auger missing.

As luck would have it, he went back to shore see the culprits loading their sled up. He was able to get a plate number.

He reported this to Police and his drill which was etched with initials was recovered, along with numerous other property in less then 2 weeks.

Many thanks to York Region Police, especially lead officer with the badge number 1094.

If you have further info or have been a victim, contact York Region Police.

Theft, in many cases, is a hereditary disease.... but I can't believe you'd do that and not think the owner would notice the items gone before you had a chance to make a disappearance.

..someone stole two sleds and two outboard motors worth $50 grand from the Beausoli Island Storage shed last weekend as well..