BOAT IS READY

T Fisher

With the weather forcast for this weekend 24c I had to get the boat out of storage. Here is my wifes reaction when she arrived home and saw the boat in the driveway. The look on her face said it all I knew as she approched the boat I was in for a snide remark or two, I thought. She shook her head in disbelieve stood there smiled and said "want a beer?". God I love that lady. She understands that a man must fish when the fishing is best. Crappie are on the move,it should be a great weekend folks.

Anyone eles heading out this weekend?

With the weather forcast for this weekend 24c I had to get the boat out of storage. Here is my wifes reaction when she arrived home and saw the boat in the driveway. The look on her face said it all I knew as she approched the boat I was in for a snide remark or two, I thought. She shook her head in disbelieve stood there smiled and said "want a beer?". God I love that lady. She understands that a man must fish when the fishing is best. Crappie are on the move,it should be a great weekend folks.

Anyone eles heading out this weekend?

Good stuff :P

The boat was already running on the driveway a week and a half ago. Last night the winter cover came off and the trolling motor and battery went on, new batteries in the flashlight, all my safety gear onboard.

The last of this should be gone tonight or tomorrow:

2010_0331pictures0001.JPG

Will definitely be out Friday on Chemong or Buckhorn, or both.

Brought "My Mistress" home Saturday and got her ready for tomorrow....hope to find a few Crappies at Chautauqua Lake and mostly check everything out for Friday as my son will be coming home Thursday night for Easter...hope to put a BIG HURT come Friday morning on Crappies and Bluegills.

Bob

Really, you think Buckhorn would be open by Friday??:clapping:

Know anywhere I'd be able to launch my boat there? I was going to head to dunnville for cats, but if Buckhorn is open, I'd consider checking that out too.

Most of the lake has been wide open for at least a week now. The ice you see in my pic is just more of a slushy mess and is blowing out of my bay into the lake as we speak.

There aren't many public launches on the lake and I'm not sure if any of the marinas will have their ramps open yet. You can always launch in Chemong at the causeway and boat around. The ice there is also pretty well gone when I drove across this afternoon. A little bit of wind is all it will take.

Just finished getting the boat ready. Never been this early. Going crappie fishing with crappieperchunter on Saturday and maybe the wife on Friday if I can get her out of bed!

Yep...2 more sleeps...can't wait. I'm thinking of hitting the local crappie spot...wink, wink on the way home from work tomorrow. Throw your stuff in the van and join me if you can swing it. I'll save you a spot over beside the boat launch on the lawn.

Crappie are on in full. hitting topwater and everything inbetween.. caught over 200 between 4 of us.. threw most back tho

Ha.....ya gotta love it when they're jumping at your floats!! We had the same kind of action today....every cast!

S.