Facebook connect

bigfish1965

We now have Facebook connect working. In your Settings, under the profile tab, you can connect your Facebook account with your OFC Community account in a few ways. This is developed by Facebook and Invision Board as all the community sites eventually gear towards the OpenID framework for log in management.

For those who use several social networking sites, this will eventually become a standard tool.

Rick. Would you have a little more specific instructions on how to do this. I just got one facebook a little while and not familair with all the stuff in there. Thanks.

I'll be patient ... I know ya have a lot on your plate right now.

Edited by Rich Clemens

I love it!!

Would this be an inappropriate place to plug the OFC group?

It's been kinda dead there... by no means do I wanna steal any thunder.

I'm actually trying to plug this site with the group..

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=6345311388

RFS

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Why did OFC lower thier standards? :ninja:

Facebook is the biggest and most sucessful community in the world. Their technology is growing daily. They are now the leader in how community sites will look and run. More importantly they are writing new codes and coding languages that are beyond anything out there. I know it seem to be a silly platform, but the technology is what out front.

I know the changes are coming at once, but that is our fault. This stuff was phased in over the upgrades and we fell behind. It wouldn't have been as overwhelming had we done it incrementally.

OpenID is like a central place to have all your log ins to various sites. You will go to your OpenID and log in. This will log you into all the sites that you connect to it.

But any of the technology you don't like..you can just ignore it. None of it is or will be compulsory.