Boat purchase taxes!!!

walleyemen

Does anyone know where you go to pay these?Reistered the boat at service canada, they have no idea!!Payed the taxes on the trailer and registered it!! Where do you go to pay the actual boat taxes, internet tells me nothing!!I'm lost.... And yes i rode the little yellow bus!!LOL

Never seen anyone in a hurry to send the Government what they don't deserve...

.. but at some point in time.. the PST folks in Oshawa will send you a letter asking to prove where you paid taxes on it, or remit same. This may or may not happen.. it's a crap shoot (I get about 6 out of 10 on airplanes).. and with them all busy playing with their new found (6 months full severence) money.. without even changing desks, or missing a days work, to go from a provincial worker to a federal worker on June 1st...there's even a bigger chance you won't see a letter.

Edited by irishfield

Guest nuker

i bought a boat in august last year and i only paid tax on the trailer when i went to get the plates. they didn't even ask me how much my boat was, just the trailer. I didn't offer them the info either.

and the feds surely didn't ask. so i don't know what the deal is either. good thing cuz that tax i thought i had to pay on the spot got me a nice trolling motor and batteries!

i bought a boat in august last year and i only paid tax on the trailer when i went to get the plates. they didn't even ask me how much my boat was, just the trailer. I didn't offer them the info either.

and the feds surely didn't ask. so i don't know what the deal is either. good thing cuz that tax i thought i had to pay on the spot got me a nice trolling motor and batteries!

That's exactly what I did. Just payed the tax on the boat trailer. I just finished sending a cheque to the ministry of finance for tax on my boat and motor.

Scooter

Does anyone know where you go to pay these?Reistered the boat at service canada, they have no idea!!Payed the taxes on the trailer and registered it!! Where do you go to pay the actual boat taxes, internet tells me nothing!!I'm lost.... And yes i rode the little yellow bus!!LOL

I thought I saw something last week when I was filling out my tax forms - something about "Did you buy a boat in the last year and did not pay taxes" - saw something to this effect on NetFile but didn't see anything in the forms??

Its a fishing boat. Send them 16 walleye fillets...but only 8 at a time, with skin attached. Wouldn't want them over the limit

Here's a start: For the application of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) to the supply of a new or used boat, please contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) by calling 1‑800‑959‑8287. Additionally, Provincial Sales Tax (PST) may need to be paid to the provincial/territorial government. You should contact your provincial/territorial Ministry of Finance to get more information on how to remit the PST.

For links to provincial/territorial departments of finance, business service centres, and other tax and financial services please visit the related provincial and territorial Canada Revenue Agency page