Part 1/3 of Archie's Walleye Dingy has arrived!

archie_james_c

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

hopefully it's laying on the proper side! j/j

should be a good pick up! congrats!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

hopefully it's laying on the proper side! j/j

should be a good pick up! congrats!

Won't make a difference. I just pushed it off the back of the truck and whereever it fell it fell .

were you not the guy that was unemployed?

EI benefits must be lucrative these days!

Just kidding young fella good luck with the Honda.

Me? I'm not unemployed :blink: . Are you mistaking me for Worm Dangler? I was laid off this past summer. Got called back to work in October...

Looking forward to see the whole shootin match together.

As am I :lol: . Me and my 2 friends have understood...we NEED to rent a truck and drive to Ottawa to get it...and...visit the local bar's :blush: . Anyone in the area wanna meet up for a coffee or beer?

Edited by archie_james_c

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Won't make a difference. I just pushed it off the back of the truck and whereever it fell it fell .

Four stroke owners can correct me if i'm wrong but the ones i've used can only be laid down on one side. That's the joke I was making. If you lay your motor on the wrong side good luck getting it started...the crank oil will drain out.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

(it likely says so right on the motor)

It doesn't say anything on the motor...AND I layed it on the side it was laying on at the Honda Dealer and thats how it's srapped to the steel pallete :P . So there! Go back to floating some steelies Dr. Sal....

Kidding :D

Edited by archie_james_c

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

well look into in bro.

every 4 stroke i've ever seen can only be laid on one side. i'm sure there's people far more experienced that can clarify that...

regardless it's sweet and i look forward to an upgrade from the "finnish flash" some day.

well look into in bro.

every 4 stroke i've ever seen can only be laid on one side. i'm sure there's people far more experienced that can clarify that...

regardless it's sweet and i look forward to an upgrade from the "finnish flash" some day.

I shall look into it good sir! I'm just assuming it's on the proper side because it's bolted to the steel frame to be laid down only one way...like the feet of the pallet are only on one side, so thats the side you'd instinctively lay it on.

As for having a hard time starting it up...no I won't...cuz they told me to bring it to them to start it up and set it up :lol:

Dr. Salvelinus is correct. On every 4 Stroke I have owned, the dealership has been quite specific with regards to how you lay the motor down. I have owned two now and perhaps it may only be a Mercury thing, but I was told that the motor should only be laid down on one particular side so that the oil does not drain out into the rest of the motor. If one can, the motor should always be stored in an upright position in order to avoid making the mistake of laying it on the wrong side. I havent really had to worry about the my new motor since it is a 60hp and always remains sitting on my boat. Having said this, you may want to look into this and ask your dealership the question. Otherwise, the new motor looks great! I am sure you will enjoy it immensely! Congrats!

Ab

I doubt that he will have to worry about which side to lay it down as it wll be bolted to the transom of his boat and will likely never come off the boat. :whistling:

I beleive they're more worried about how it's being stored right now Drifter. And as I said guys....this is exactly how it was laying AT THE DEALER when I picked it up AND there are only feet on ONE side of the pallet for you to lay it on the ground.

I'm pretty sure this is how it's supposed to be laid :tease: .

And yes...by Monday that big silver whoore is gonna be bolted onto my new boat :w00t: and making some atlantics awful nervous down in our local river.

Look what you started Sal!!! If I see you in the tribs you're gettin' a kick in the crotch :stretcher:

So did they give you the 10 at the 09 price?

And yeah..If the manufacturer strapped it to a pallett they likely laid it the right way down. If not, its the dealers problem geting it started.

So did they give you the 10 at the 09 price?

And yeah..If the manufacturer strapped it to a pallett they likely laid it the right way down. If not, its the dealers problem geting it started.

The 09 was $6349, they gave me this one at $6999. I was fine with that. And they got it in in a pretty timely fashion...once he located one that is. Overall the experience with Esquire Honda was so-so. I felt the communication by the salesman was kinda poor. I had to contact him to find out what the situation was and such, it should have been the other way around.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Look what you started Sal!!! If I see you in the tribs you're gettin' a kick in the crotch :stretcher:

hehehe! i was just trying to be helpful!

hehehe! i was just trying to be helpful!

No worries :lol: .

My new reel arrived today. A Team Daiwa Advantage-A 2500, paired it with 15lb PP. It and the line selection should work well on my St.Croix Legend Tournament Walleye 7' Medium, moderate action for trolling worm harnesses and casting/trolling shallow crankbaits.

Here's a pic side by side of my Mojo Bass 6'9" Med=Lite, X-fast/Daiwa Tierra 2000 for those of us who like gear pics. :blush: The Advantage is a mich darker grey than the pics show it...which I really like. :)

1in2vs.jpg

1z3szeu.jpg

Is it as smooth as the Tierra?

I have the Tierra 2000 and love it.

I'd say it's noticeably more "solid" feeling than my Tierra 2000. As for "smoothness" when reeling it's pretty much the same. The biggest reason I wanted to go to the Advantage is because their drag system is twice as powerful as the equivalent sized Tierra. Where our Tierra 2000's have a max drag of 4.4 lbs the Advantage all the way up to the Fuego-A has a max drag of 8.5 lbs. For this 7' rod I wanted a 2500 size reel to take advantage of the 15.5 lb max drag of the Advantage-A or higher, as opposed to the 8 something pounds the Tierra 2500 would have offered.

I probably won't really need the extra power but...I have too much time to ponder these things in my head :lol: