Site upgrade status and support.

bigfish1965

The core and skins are installed. I have several new compnents to ad and am looking at different ones. Some may be good, others may suck. We shall see.

• Upgrade core
  • Install skin
  • Advertising banners
  • Advertising bot
  • Chat
  • Mobile Skin
  • Mobile Touch Software
  • Update emoticons
  • Social Network Bookmarking Module
  • Member Maps
  • Related Topics
  • Contact Page
  • About Page
  • Stat tracker
  • Don. Sidebar
  • Try to fetch users location back to avatar box
  • Install PM download feature
  • Repair CSS in Members list

Any questions or issues let us know in this thread.

Hey Rick,

The only skins I see available are IP.BOARD; IP.BOARD LO-FI & CLUB...Currently using IP.BOARD.... unless, I'm on a different page here? :blink:

EDIT: Are there supposed to be other skins available?

Edited by A2F

Hey Rick,

The only skins I see available are IP.BOARD; IP.BOARD LO-FI & CLUB...Currently using IP.BOARD.... unless, I'm on a different page here? :blink:

EDIT: Are there supposed to be other skins available?

Each skin addition takes several hours. Edits take about 20 minutes. So for now, we are only using these ones. We may add more at some point.

There really only two available right now.. the problem with them is that #1 they have to be purchased, and #2 they have to be configured. Were trying to get the two we have configured and then we can discuss whether we need others or not.

This has got to be one of the scariest things I've read in a long time. According to your list, we're not even half way finished! And why the hell are we making a sidebar for Don???<br>

so the skins need to be repurchased for every site update? Ouch! I would balk at that too!

One would think they would be compatible with different versions of the IPboard

if they need to be repurchased I am content with the default skin... although I did like my old one better

G

This has got to be one of the scariest things I've read in a long time. According to your list, we're not even half way finished!

Lol... you have no idea!! The site is all coded in pagination now and I don't understand half of it so some things are 'click and hope'.

so the skins need to be repurchased for every site update? Ouch! I would balk at that too!

One would think they would be compatible with different versions of the IPboard

if they need to be repurchased I am content with the default skin... although I did like my old one better

G

They are compatible within the major group. But once you go up especially from 2.x.x to 3.x.x they usually change the rendering engine to stay W3C compliant. Now that we are running 100% dynamic pages, the skins are completely different. The skin maker obviously had to start from scratch so the updates were not free. I know that we are now running version 3.0.4 and that version 3.1.0 is coming soon. The existing skins SHOULD be good through that.

This has got to be one of the scariest things I've read in a long time. According to your list, we're not even half way finished! And why the hell are we making a sidebar for Don???<br>

So I can understand the BIG words Roy!!!

Don

You can change the font from within your browser. I view all sites with the same font...Georgia. This is a Clear Type font, so make sure you have clear type enabled on your computer. It will be fuzzy if you don't. I think all Vista and Win7 systems come with clear type enabled by default.

If you are running XP click this link for more info on Clear Type.

can someone explain how sites generate money with adds? is it simply letting the adds appear, or does the user (us) have to actually click on the add and visit the site?

i rarely, if ever click on them but if that is how the money is made,(cant be much but i guess it adds up) i'm sure i can find time in my busy day HAHA to click on a few adds

just curious

thx

You can change the font from within your browser. I view all sites with the same font...Georgia. This is a Clear Type font, so make sure you have clear type enabled on your computer. It will be fuzzy if you don't. I think all Vista and Win7 systems come with clear type enabled by default.

If you are running XP click this link for more info on Clear Type.

Thanks, Rick. I will check into that.

Something else I noticed is that I seem to get multiple subscription notifications per topic in my email. Used to be I got only one per topic, which was less clutter in the "inbox".

Sorry, one more thing I just noticed. We used to be able to see where members were posting from; now that seems to be gone.

I always found that interesting and I would hope there's an option to call it back.

Thanks, Rick. I will check into that.

Something else I noticed is that I seem to get multiple subscription notifications per topic in my email. Used to be I got only one per topic, which was less clutter in the "inbox".

I haven't looked at that stuff yet. I would unsubrcribe, then resubscribe and see if that helps or gives you more options.

Sorry, one more thing I just noticed. We used to be able to see where members were posting from; now that seems to be gone.

I always found that interesting and I would hope there's an option to call it back.

Yes I liked that too. Will add it to my list.