Rebel Bumblebee

Eazy

Hi to all, picked up one of these today at Wal-Mart USA, never tried one before, but have seen hornets in the bellies of trout that i have caught in the past, so figured they might be worth a try when the old spinner and worm fails!

Good to try. I've had amazing success with a light tan/gold Rebel Crickhopper in the past for bass and panfish in shallow waters. Yeah you need light line (4lb) to cast them father than 10ft. Anything small like the bumblebee if it has a tight wiggle (pause and twitch retrieve) should be killer for catching fish.

I have three different models, the bumble bee, the grasshopper, and I dont remember the last one.

But I have yet to catch a fish on them. Like most of yous said, its a very light lure, and without a light tackle setup, theres no point in even tying it on.

ive never seen a bumble bee cruising thru the water at any speed. Especially underwater.

If they made one with a vibrator in it that you just threw out and let it resonate top water , spinning in circles..........now that ive seen and may throw in the tackle box. Hmmmmmmm.....time to call the patent attorney

ive never seen a bumble bee cruising thru the water at any speed. Especially underwater.

If they made one with a vibrator in it that you just threw out and let it resonate top water , spinning in circles..........now that ive seen and may throw in the tackle box. Hmmmmmmm.....time to call the patent attorney

I've never tried just a straight retrieve. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Its a floater and they make a popper version too. I just cast it near shore especially near Lilly pads. It does not make much of a splash. I let it sit there for 20 seconds then twitch it with the rod (not even reel it in at first unless there is lots of slack) and let it sit for 15 seconds and repeat. I've watched other bugs land in the water and thats what they generally do, so I just copy them.

Edited by Syn

lol< i was jsut bein goofy.

sounds like the way your workin it , it would do the trick

but most probably just straight retrieve it and at that point, i dont think the paintjob matters much. Its just somehting that looks like its swimming like a baitfish.

One of the old fishing show guys did a whole show on that lure last year on WFN. I can't remember how he was retrieving it but it got my attention enuf that I bought one the next time I was in the States. When I got it home I realized it was too light to cast well so I stuck it in my fly box to try with the fly rod when I get it out. :P

JF

I have that! I've only used it once, and it was only at a local pond when the crappie weren't hitting the twisty tails and marabous. I was casting the bumble bee and had something small hit it. Probably out of curiosity, but it's better than no action at all. I suppose it's better to use at sundown when the fish are feeding on flies. As most of you have mentioned it's a light tackle set up, I got an UL Fenwick so I'll try it out a few times.

Edited by Mykester