Today's outing with my 6 yr old son

wuchikubo

Well, the day started at 6:25 am waking up my son who pleaded me last night to take him fishing in the morning. My son, who normally needs 25 minutes to get out of bed in the morning normally was up in 3 minutes! After trying to reassure my wife the ice is safe enough (if it's going to hold me at 250lb it should be no problem holding a 50 lb six year old), she okayed the outing. Got him all dressed up with layers and then headed out at 7:30am to meet a couple of other guys.

After a short 60 Km drive from home and walking out about 10 minutes and 15 minutes of jigging, Joseph's (my son) first fish!

tn_gallery_196_214_165819.jpg

The release!

tn_gallery_196_214_25668.jpg

His biggest fish (~ 8 in) of the outing (3hr) and it was released as well.

tn_gallery_196_214_10998.jpg

All fish were caught on artificles and released (the ones he and I caught anyways).

Depth: 5-8 FOW

Producing Lures: smallest jigging rap, modified simcoe bug (with legs), both tipped with power maggot.

Body of water: Lake Simcoe

Thanks for reading,

HearingFish

Clampet: Thanks Paul, I've been offered a couple of times help on the Bog but I haven't had a chance yet.

Jen: Thanks, it not as easy to get out anymore, as my wife doesn't share the same level of fishing passion.

Maureen: I hope so, then I'll be able to take him out more, as long as he finishes all of his homework.

Wayne: I'm just following your good examples!

Mike, GBayGiant, MoB, Smokey: Thanks for the kind support, fishing is definitely one activity I want to pass onto the kids. That way they can learn about the environment and have fun without the video games/tv.

Stan

Edited by HearingFish