Question about where posts go

Radnine

I had a computer question that I posted. Usually the mods leave it there for a bit before they move it to the computer help section. Usually computer questions get answers because of their time on the main page. My recent one got moved before there was one response.

I am wondering why it gets moved and the "how to remove a tub surround" gets to stay on the main page?

(And don't say "because we don't have a bathroom help section"). So, on the main page anything goes, except a computer question?

Jim

yep.. cause we have a section for them questions! (you said not to post that we don't have a section for tub questions!)

Most here use the "new since last post" method of browsing...don't see it making any difference to the viewing #'s Jim.

I think its because computer questions are far more frequent than bath tub or reno questions in this forum, especially since a properly working computer is essential to accessing OFC and having a functioning bathtub is not :lol:

Yah.. we don't care if you stink from a far!

Oh snap! :lol:

Edited by Syn

yep.. cause we have a section for them questions! (you said not to post that we don't have a section for tub questions!)

Most here use the "new since last post" method of browsing...don't see it making any difference to the viewing #'s Jim.

When I log on I just go to general discussion (as a default). And assumed that most do the same. Are you telling me that if you log on to "new since last post" you get all new posts, regardless of category (like in classified for instance?).

I hope that most do that Wayne, but I know that I don't.

I always assumed that they left the computer questions on general for a couple days it was to give folks a chance to see it then moved them, almost like the computer help section is an archive type of thing.

Huh.

Jim

Yep.. I log on and hit "view new posts"..and get everything.. any section that's been posted since I visited (10 minutes earlier...) and hit refresh.. and refresh and refresh. Rarely go poking around seperate sections unless I'm looking for something specific.

Edited by irishfield

It usually is answered by the few tech. people that have volunteered their time to helping people who are having issues. Some of the computer answers I have read on the main board scare me.

Art

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess it is the irony that I am having trouble getting my head around. The irony that you can post about anything in general discussion, where the most people will see it (with all due respect to the "latest post crowd" which by the way I have become Wayne, it is a cool way of viewing) except computer questions. I'm not looking for a fight about, but it is ironic.

On the original hard drive question, I swapped them over and fired it up and it worked like a champ! The two host bodies (if that's what you call them) were identical and it literally took two minutes.

Thanks to all!

Jim

Yep.. I log on and hit "view new posts"..and get everything.. any section that's been posted since I visited (10 minutes earlier...) and hit refresh.. and refresh and refresh. Rarely go poking around seperate sections unless I'm looking for something specific.

same here

the only way to go

I have "view new posts" as my home page

so everytime I go online it shows me new posts