Rain Gear

Hud

Were you responding to msp's post about homosexuals (not that there's anything wrong with that)... or just trying to give me an ill feeling Bill.

I don't think that was an "ill" feeling you just had. haha.

If you're outside in the rain more than 100 hours a season, get some decent gear. Most of the non-goretex *"Breathable"* stuff isnt the best, and will only be good for the first few times out before it gets damp. It wont get wet, but it will get damp. The wetskins stuff is decent, but it gets damp. The viking stuff at marks isnt that bad, but it too gets damp.

Also, if you wear a wetskins or any other type of "breathable" raingear, make sure to have a nice barrier between your skin and the jacket. A nice fleece lining works good.

I agree, very damp but doesnt go through. my buddy got the 100 MPH set from BPS... its amazing

If budget is your main concern, go with the Frogg Toggs. Best quality for the price.

Completely agree.

i got this one last year: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...011000_625-11-0

It's pretty good one. i found only one issues with it - if you are sitting during rain your @ss will be wet. Other than that it is really good - breathable and light weighted.

The XPS 100 mph suit are awesome. I have never in 3 years had a leak and I have driven my boat through rainstorms at 70 mph. Have hit 100 mph yet however :lol: No seam leaks and if it ever did I would gladly take the new model. The latest model was vastly improved upon compared to it's predecessor having used water resistant zipper sections, reinforcing the knee areas, better zipper design with optional zip in layer for cold weather. It's been a fantastic suit.

I recently picked up the new G Loomis suit as well, awesome design, really well thought out. It was designed for higher speed and fishing ability, being more form fitted and fully articulated in the hinge points so that sitting doesn't give you a wedgy when you drop into your seat. The Jacket is very streamlined and doesn't get in the way when fishing, no flaps, no loose sections and waterproof zippers to protect your goods. So far so good with this one as well.

JP

I checked out the Loomis one today and I was very impressed. Unfortunately they don't come with bibs though else I would've probably bought them. Believe this one is around $400

I need to get up to BPS and check out the 100mph suits but again its tough to justify the $500 for a suit but there certainly doesn't seem to be many windproof/breathable options between the togs and the top end.

FYI I was talking to a BPS rep today and they noted that their 100mph and "Pro Qualifier" suits are only a 1yr warrranty. Is there any truth to that? I thought they were lifetime no questions asked if they leak.

Cabelas confirmed that their guidewear series is lifetime.

Not sure on Loomis still trying to confirm.

I spoke with George Wallace from BPS today and he said the Pro Qualifier Rain suits are going on special this Friday for the Spring Classic... might be a great chance to get a Gortex suit with Bibs at a good price!

Thanks JP. Looks like deals are happening!

Gander Mountain is clearing their guide-series coats/bibs out right now as well. You can order by phone and pickup at any of their US stores:

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/prod...mp;merchID=4006

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/prod...mp;merchID=4006

Saw these suits on Linders Edge a few shows back they are very nice! B)