wiers and dams

rfmcrx

hey I'm new to the site, I live in the haliburton highlands.i spend most of my summer fishing and wakeskating.

I have a gas powered winch for wakeskating. i can ride pretty much anywere be it a stream,lake,pond, puddle,etc.

I have been searching around for new spots in Southern ontario. I am looking for small weirs or dams that we can winch at.

Just wondering if anybody knew of some good spots?

here is a pic of my winch .

myoldwinch.jpg

When I read your post initially I had no idea what you were talking about. While the idea of it kinda seems interesting, I highly doubt fisherman are gonna give directions to places where you could do this. Just seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

If its legal or not who cares. We are just out having fun and taking precautions as needed.

Just thaught I'd ask and see what response i would get.

Guess this is not the forum to ask for spots as most people probably dont want us there anyways.

I'm not worried about drowning as we always wear lifejackets were there is currents and undertows.

prolly not the best forum to ask in but looks cool....

try the nith river, downtown new hamburg, about 15 mins west of kitchener....very light fishing pressure at best so probably a good spot for ya...dam there is about twice the vert of the dam in the vid you posted and can run dry in summer, but would prob work for ya in late spring and early summer

Thanks guys for the info. The winch has a 6.5 hp briggs and stratton engine, with a centrifugal clutch off a go kart. The spool holds 1000ft of line and can pull me up to about 24-25 mph on water.I built the entire thing from scratch. The Park in my town floods out every spring when the snow melts and we go winch there. last year the parking lot at the lcbo flooded out and we rode there too!