florida area

trevy727

The bass fishing down there is insane!

The Bass in my avatar picture was in Florida right around Orlando too actually. 9lb 6oz

I HIGHLY recommend spending the cash and getting a guide on the Kississimee chain of lakes.

I did, and caught the fish of a lifetime, along with around 35 other fish ranging from 2-7 lbs.

I got mine on Lake Walk 'n Water.

You have to get a 3 or 7 day Florida license.

Hope this info helps.

The bass fishing down there is insane!

The Bass in my avatar picture was in Florida right around Orlando too actually. 9lb 6oz

I HIGHLY recommend spending the cash and getting a guide on the Kississimee chain of lakes.

I did, and caught the fish of a lifetime, along with around 35 other fish ranging from 2-7 lbs.

I got mine on Lake Walk 'n Water.

You have to get a 3 or 7 day Florida license.

Hope this info helps.

I was going to ask you about that bass when we were out fishing walleyes. Figured it came from down south somewhere...amazing fish Jamie!!

its been pretty cold but if you start looking Orlando and somewhat south your gonna do ok......or you could fish the canals for peacock

I lived most of my life in South Florida and its really great fishing down there. Tons of bass and a lot of trophies. Cant go wrong with the Kissimmee chain, Okeechobee, The Everglades, St. Johns river, or any pond or canal. Basically any fresh water down there has bass.. with all the cold weather I'd not target peacocks in the canals. Apparently the peacock fishing in Dade and Broward has been really bad with all the cold weather down there. A couple of my friends say that they've been finding tons of dead/dying pea's since because they can only handle water temperature down to about 60 F. But the largemouth fishing has been awesome down there lately! You could hire a guide at any of these places or just go out with some shiners and circle hooks under balloons and you'll probably catch some fish. Awesome place to fish even without a guide.

-Ben

Edited by Ben_Daniels

yo trevy i lived down in miami for 3 years and have fished the everglades 3 or 4 times and it was awesome, just as beansy said rest stops on 75 are good. i used a guide by the name of steve macdonald and u can also get boat at everglades park for real cheap if u want to go it yourself but the guides got the gear, sweet boats and knowledge of spots etc. dont eat the bowfin

I used a guide down there last year.... cost a bit of $$ but I was expecting that and saved my money just for the trip !

You can get a licence as BPS in orlando, I just got a 3 day...

Jose Garza is a VERY good guide... he lives in michigan and goes down south for the winter to guide. We caught approx. 50+ fish for the day. my Biggest was a 5lbs fish.... nothing CRAZY... but our shiners were smaller than usuall.... he had another customer out only a few days earlier on the same lake and caught a 8.5lbs Bass !

I have faith in him and he is a great guide. He will let you cast and use plastics etc., or you can relax and shiner fish.... shiners produce the bigger fish usually... Hes a younger guide, but very very good.... I found that you got a more personal experience with him. Plus his prices were a little cheaper than your more well established guides.

Just Google Jose Garza fishing !

[email protected]

313-522-7439

hope this helps !