It All Started With A River (Bonus Round)

bushart

I watch Bob Ross all the time.

He rules.

Thanks All

Yeah Bob Ross was very successful in what he did---very good tips for the beginner artist in that sort of area. I believe he made a small empire in selling his books/paints and episodes.

Here's another tip for those interested in pickin up the brush and gettin colourful fingertips---Public Television puts on another show from a guy in the US---Jerry Yarnell

One painting will take several episodes as opposed to Bob's one (no crticism---just different)

He will go more in-depth----that and time and practice is a great start

Of course he has books and what-not----the show is a free education though---and a good starting point

Bushart

Very nice Terry. I've always wanted to try my hand at painting and if I ever do I'd be happy to produce something half as good as your work. ;)

Thanks very much Spiel.

I believe you can give it a go----Recipe includes a little patience---determination---thick skin--litle instruction---and imagination

I can only speak for myself but I found that once I took the intimidation factor out---meaning--allowing myself to make mistakes--cause you can paint over them and loosened up--- things moved forward.

I'm not sure where the talent level is but the determination level for me is high----meaning I won't quit till it looks kinda like I wanted.

Also everyone you meet will want to critique' your work---other artists are the absolute definition of that---try not to care too much cause it's your vision on your canvas that counts----now helpful hints are good---especially starting out.

My advice is start small---be the least rigid you can---get some info and ideas and go.

Also---it's very competitive out there so don't quit your job after one or two paintings

I'll post 2 pics to show how you can transform work your unhappy with (At times I'll take my pocket knife and scrape down to the canvas blobs of paint that will still show images even after painted over)

I understand that DaVinci who taught would recycle canvas'---you could scratch a students work and find a complete different painting beneath.

This done a long time ago

S1.jpg

Thanks Guys,

Misfish---have'nt seen ya round for a while----you ok?

Anyway if you guys that have posted in this one like this piece and have a decent printer---I can send you a high resolution copy to print out at home. These internet postings are pretty compressed.

Wally World has some decent wood frames for good price if ya like---or a 4 inch spike into a stud in the garage works too.

I like using 72 lb high gloss photo paper for better copies. (Get mine at Staples---make sure your printer will accomadate---they sell by the piece at foto counter)

There's a lot of artists out there trying to protect their work from downloading---I look at it--art is mean't to look at----why you see it here.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll get one off to you (Too big of a file to use this system)

Can you put your username in the message cause I'm in my own little world and only know Jacques, TJ, Rick and Gerritt by name.

Me

Edited by bushart