Ice fishing Derby Today

Mike the Pike

Hey folks up very early like so many of you who were fishing for Tyler.I wish I could have been with you all.

Well headed out to Alexandria Ontario for the 5th annual Alexandria Fishing Derby with two friends Glen and Danny.

This was the fourth year I attended the last two years I was skunked and today I caught a little Dink(Pike) 1.46lbs not good enough to qualify for any prizes.

In all today there were 1073 participants with 273 pike brought in to be weighed at the weigh in station.There were 56 prizes for the heaviest fish. 56th place was a pike that weighed 1.87lbs and 1st place was a pike that weighed 4.38lbs.Not bad for a little Lake 1km by 400m wide in the middle of downtown Alexandria.Enough said on with the pics. :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

119169.JPG

The usual stop TIM HORTONS downtown Alexandria :thumbsup_anim:

119170.JPG

Glen and Danny waiting in line to pick our spot on the ice at 9am.

119171.JPG

The long line that we have to endure. :sleeping_02:

119172.JPG

OH YA THE PRIZES :rolleyes:

119173.JPG

More of the good stuff.

119174.JPG

More goodies.

119175.JPG

Ok I finally have to show you the little dink I caught yes I had to weigh the litlle dill pickle.(1.46lbs)

Sorry no ruler for this guy I had to hurry to the weigh station and besides you would all probably compare this

twirp to a Simcoe Perch.Joey please try not to laugh too much.

119176.JPG

119177.JPG

119179.JPG

OK BITE ME (BITE YOUR LIP I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SAY ABOUT THE YELLOW SURVIVAL SUIT.

119180.JPG

More prizes.

119183.JPG

1st prize a Honda ATV 500,2nd prize a Honda ATV 400,one 8hp Honda outboard.2 Honda generators.

119184.JPG

119185.JPG

119186.JPG

Here is the sign my 10 year old daughter made for me just in case I got something

bigger than a simcoe perch <_<

119187.JPG

After the end of the tournament some people soaking it all up. :whistling:

119190.JPG

The end of the day waiting to see if I am going to win something with the dink :wallbash:

Danny ,Me (MTP)and Glen.

119192.JPG

That was our day we wil try again next year.MTP :canadian:

Good report MtP but where is the classic fuzzy alarm clock picture? I love that!!

Great job on the OFC sign too, I hope to see some fish beside that sign soon!

118137.JPG

Ya I know I forgot this morning I must of had only 3 hours sleep so after killing the snooze button 5 times I had to get ready quickly Glen was picking me up at 5:45 am so this time I forgot my lunch luckily my friends brought Ooodles of food so I did not starve.

I will snap it in nest report,MTP

Great report and pics! Congrats on catching something too. Lots of competition there.... in fact, if you look closely between all the anglers you see a bit of the lake you're all standing on. LOL!

Fantastic prises too!!!!!! How much was the entry fee?

Edited by cisco

Great report and pics! Congrats on catching something too. Lots of competition there.... in fact, if you look closely between all the anglers you see a bit of the lake you're all standing on. LOL!

Fantastic prises too!!!!!! How much was the entry fee?

$40 000 in prizes ,$60 entry fee. www.alexfishingderby.com :canadian: