An old fashioned tourney on simcoe

vinnimon

I was brainstorming today and thought about having a little tourney on lake simcoe in the spring or summer.The requirements are that no sonars,riggers,or any electronics to find fish or depth can be used.And on top of that you are required to use rods and reels prior to 1970.I know it sounds off beat but I was looking at an old rod that a friend gave me with the reel and steel line(his grandfathers).Well his grandfather used it specifically for simcoe fishing for lake trout.And im determined to do the same.OH and the lures applies too, pre 1970.Handheld gps and emergency radios allowed or safety reasons.Its just a thought and obviously a good portion of the money will go to some charity,maybe like saturdays tourney ;) Any opinions would be great.I know its a little different but man wouldnt it be interesting.

I think you'll end up with 5 guys, 2 boats and no fish....

If you want as many people as possible, get rid of those silly requirements..

Why not a OFC Pro/Am or similar? Match up the seasoned bass guys with the not so seasoned bass guys and go at it for a day.

Why not a OFC Pro/Am or similar? Match up the seasoned bass guys with the not so seasoned bass guys and go at it for a day.

Sorry no 1970 gear.

But I like Bill`s idea.

It was just a thought running threw my mind,would be interesting dont you think?Turnout would be extremely low indeed.A pro/am would be awesome.And to make it more interesting the pros have to fish out of the ams boat.Oh and im sure there will be issues with that also.Like I said I just a thought running threw my mind for now.

It was just a thought running threw my mind,would be interesting dont you think?Turnout would be extremely low indeed.A pro/am would be awesome.And to make it more interesting the pros have to fish out of the ams boat.Oh and im sure there will be issues with that also.Like I said I just a thought running threw my mind for now.

[/quote

ya and the pros have to buy the gas and coffee too!!!

I was brainstorming today and thought about having a little tourney on lake simcoe in the spring or summer.The requirements are that no sonars,riggers,or any electronics to find fish or depth can be used.And on top of that you are required to use rods and reels prior to 1970.I know it sounds off beat but I was looking at an old rod that a friend gave me with the reel and steel line(his grandfathers).Well his grandfather used it specifically for simcoe fishing for lake trout.And im determined to do the same.OH and the lures applies too, pre 1970.Handheld gps and emergency radios allowed or safety reasons.Its just a thought and obviously a good portion of the money will go to some charity,maybe like saturdays tourney ;) Any opinions would be great.I know its a little different but man wouldnt it be interesting.

I'm not so sure anyone who has lures pre-1970's is going to want to take the chance of losing them by fishing them, since many are likely worth something, monetarily or sentimentally. The only pre-1970's lures I have are my grandfathers, and I'm not fishing them.

The only reason they don't want to try and fish that way is because they don't know how to use a sinker & worm...... :Gonefishing:

HAHAHAHA.When in doubt,ah you know.Come by and youll see exactly what im getting at on this post.Ill show another ofner and get his thoughts on it.Darn youngins not seeing the whole picture here.As to what I have in mind.