Finally a laker.....and I missed the 1pm weigh in :)

BillM

Showed up a wee bit late yesterday for the 7am start to the Fishing for Tyler tournament, but at least there was no line up!! lol Donated a quick $20 then it was off to the fishing grounds.. I ended up driving back to 9th and making a haul from there. Two quick whities and before you know it, it was time to come in.. On the way back I just had a feeling and had to drop the transducer down and take a look. My suspicions were right as I started marking fish right away. I look around and not a soul in sight.. Gotta love that. The fish loved to come up and take a quick look then back down to the bottom.. This was the trend for most of the day.. Finally I dropped my BadBoy + white tube jig down on the bottom, stirred some silt up and let it sit there for a good 30 seconds. Thinking that lure wasn't the one, I started to reel up real quick and this fish rockets from the bottom and absolutely smashes it. The rod buckles over and I think I have a whitefish from hell on... Pulling drag, direction changes...what did I have on? I get a quick peek down the hole after 15mins and what do I see? Mr Lake Trout!! w00t! Got him out of the hole, he posed for a few pics and back down he went..

Not a monster by any means, but a lot of fun out of 100+ feet of water. I apologize for missing the 1pm weighin time, I was looking forward to meeting some of you fellas..

lt001.jpg

lt002.jpg

Well done Bill

My last 4 trips to Simcoe (Pretty much the last 4 weekends), the lakers have been eluding my friends and I. Good to see at least somebody catching to give us the hope we need to continue on :lol:

We've been getting pwnd the last 5 weeks by a fish with a brain the side of a pea :lol: