Multi Species Report & A Couple of PB's

Leecher

Had another go on the hunt for some walleyes at my favorite lake..... the plan was to get there early at sunrise for the morning bite, somehow had a feeling that the bite would be on...... and I wasn't wrong B) Left home at 5:30am and made the usual detours for some hot refreshments and gas and the way I go....

Arrived around 6:30am, temp was -6C with winds from the west blowing at 24Km/h :w00t: with 79% humidity, all this to say that it was cold LOL..... drilled my first hole and ice was 20" thick in 8 - 10 fow over a weed bed. Got another 3 done for my tipups..... First fish to hit the ice was a snot rocket as the sun was rising

DSC03481.jpg

Then not too long after that a perch

DSC03482.jpg

Some time past before I get another on ice.... snot rocket

DSC03483.jpg

and another

DSC03484.jpg

Then it got real quiet for a while. I was beginning to think to call it quits when this jumbo perch hit one of my tipups.... this one is pushing over 13".... didn't take any measurements but I beat my PB for sure :)

Here's the beast

DSC03485.jpg

The next shot is what I used as a studio tripod for the self time shots

DSC03486.jpg

And of course..... my setup

DSC03487.jpg

Again it went quiet for a while until this 25" pike decided he wanted the minnow head on my jigging rod.... He wasn't going anywhere cause his mouth was shut with the treble hook in it's mouth :)

DSC03488.jpg

Was real happy with this one so I decide to keep it for the pan. Then I notice my furthest tipup going down very slowly.... ran to it, grab the line and felt for weight..... was like feeling teeth and small tugs.... then a big tug and I set the hook :w00t: What came out of the hole was my new PB walleye... a 20" golden beauty B)

Here it is

DSC03489.jpg

After the photo session and putting on another minnow.... these three decided they wanted to head for cover :w00t:

DSC03490.jpg

That was pretty much it after that cause my goal was achieved and felt satisfied with the results so I call it a day and drove home.

All in all, drove 2 hours, fished for 5 and landed a couple of PBs :DB)

The set lines were rigged with dead frozen salted minnows and my jigging rod with a buck shot tipped with minnow head.

All fish were CPR'd except for these two

DSC03494.jpg

Hope you enjoy!!!

Leechman

sweet right on!!! :thumbsup_anim:

one thing though?? why do you have your lines so close together and lined up??

myself i usually spread out my lines and move them often if theres no action basically to cover more ground.

Thanks worm dangler!!!

Simply because the wind was so bad today, I didn't want to be running around too much and stay close to the car..... plus the holes were getting full of slush every 30 seconds or so with the drifts.

Congrad's on the 25" Pike, the PB Perch and the PB Walleye. I never got out today but tomorrow is looking promising. So anything above 25" is not a "snot rocket right"? Lol

Thanks for sharing the report bud,

MTBF

Thanks Mike!!!! I call them scuds over 25" LOL Good luck tomorrow :thumbsup_anim:

Ah ok I see. I got 4 Scuds under my belt. What's the 30" Class called then I got 1 in that class....let's call them "Pike" eh??

Mike over 30" GATORS!!!

SWEET SON OF A PERCH!

Thats an awesome day Jaques!

we went to 31 miles to check the ice and there is a solid 10'' + all around :)

we got skuned tho!

6 houres of fishing and nohting to show ...

gatta find them they witched spots i think! :lol:

Thanks Kev!!! The bite was on and loads of fun.... 10" Cool. Did you guys go to the same spot as last year?? I'm sure it's just a matter of time before you get into them!!!

Holy Sweet son of a Walleye.... :worthy::worthy:

I know where i'm going next weekend.. :PB)B)

Thanks Paul!!! Yeah sweet golden B)

Nice Job :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Dan!!!

Congrats on the tasty P.B....

Thanks Selfmade05!!!

Well done Jacques. You had a good day for it, and the fish cooperated. Great way to spend a morning.

Thanks Bruce!!! It sure was awesome :D

A great report as always Jacques.

Thanks!

Jim

Thanks Jim!!!

Edited by Leechman

You didn't happen to get that rod at Walmart did you? Looks like the one I got. Love the deer pics.

Thanks Stern Rules!!! That's exactly where I got it..... nice little rod and reel combo for the price :)

congrats leech pike and eyes when is dinner

Thanks Corvy!!! yesterday and maybe tonight :)

Way to go Jacques! :thumbsup_anim: Thanks for sharing with us. :clapping:

Thanks Tony!!!

great report, nice catch too!

Thanks fishyfingers!!!