today's fishing show????

johnl

I thought the fishing show that starts today was the toronto sportsmans show being held in a different place. I see now that this is a difffrent show ,is this show as good/better and what events and things can i expect.Is it as large as the toronto sportsmans show???

Well, its a fishing and boats show. So the major difference is if you are looking for info on hunting, camping and other outdoor pursuits it won't be found. So it depends on your interests, I think I like the Sportsmen's show a little better because it has more variety but usually go to both and will be heading to the fishing show in the afternoon.

I find I prefer this show. The big one moving to the Convention centre will maybe pump some more life in to it, but I find for a fishing fanatic, this is the better show with better speakers and less of the "sham-wow" / jerky type of booths. Having attended these things for 15 or so years now, it's really kinda same old same old and I haven't bought anything outside of a $7 slice of pizza and pop in years, but it is nice to see a lot of the fellow competitors I otherwise only see on the water during the season.

Friday is a good day to go as it is a lot less busy than the weekend.

Went to the show today..was pretty good. There were alot of lodges/vacation booths for that trip of a lifetime. Also alot of boats on display..I found there to be not alot of actual fishing tackle although there was enough to whet your appetite along the sidelines...came away with a couple packs of soft plastics. Not a huge show but enough to get lost for a couple hours and look forward to the 2010 season..good job to all exhibitors!

Pretty much as expected. Almost identical to last year. Didn't see that many outfitters there, but it's not really the best show for that I don't think. Deals at the tackle booths were meh. Probably better if you want to buy a ton of lures/plastics, as many of the sales were of the "buy 4 get the 5th for free" variety. Lots of variety though if you are looking for some new things. I saw a couple of new smaller companies that looked interesting. There was a Russian lure manufacturer that had some interesting retro-futuristic looking lures that looked like machined metal. I also got to eat some sausage made from kangaroo and camel meat. Where else can you get that!?!?!?

I didn't stay for too long and didn't watch any seminars, although I probably should have. As ColdH20guy said, a good place to get lost for a couple of hours.

Edited by adempsey

Pretty much as expected. Almost identical to last year. Didn't see that many outfitters there, but it's not really the best show for that I don't think. Deals at the tackle booths were meh. Probably better if you want to buy a ton of lures/plastics, as many of the sales were of the "buy 4 get the 5th for free" variety. Lots of variety though if you are looking for some new things. I saw a couple of new smaller companies that looked interesting. There was a Russian lure manufacturer that had some interesting retro-futuristic looking lures that looked like machined metal. I also got to eat some sausage made from kangaroo and camel meat. Where else can you get that!?!?!?

I didn't stay for too long and didn' t watch any seminars, although I probably should have. As ColdH20guy said, a good place to get lost for a couple of hours.

the highway variety here in town sells that also with burgers and alligator and sorts of neat meats like that.

i wish we had something like that, the only "outdoors" show we get has more contractors showing new material then fishing or anything close to it.

we went to the show today , what a dissapointment 14$ to get in 9$ a beer and nothing realy in room except a couple of stores with product 6o,ooo$ boats what a joke this promoter should be imbarrassed of the product he put on the floor for this show,

Went to the fishing show today as well. Unfortunately couldnt stay for the g2g and am disapointed by that. The show was OK. Really enjoyed the seminar that Dave Mercer put on he is a great speaker. As far as tackle it was pretty much the same thing at every booth couldnt really find any deals. I thought there would be more manufacturers showing off new and cool products. Oh well better then sitting at home.