Why nobody fishes Barrie?

dks

I know that there is a warm water outflow by the Tiffen street boat launch, but, I've never seen anyone ice fishing in the general area of Kempenfelt Bay near the downtown area of Barrie. Looking at fishing maps, it looks like it drops down quickly. I know there are huts by Minet's point, but, I've never seen anyone fishing close to the north side of downtown shore. Any reason for this? Seems like good access and parking?

Ive caught whitefish not 30 yards from the barrie marina entrance and seen many others caught there as well. just dont plan on going out and catching much every time you go out, one here, afew there, but definately no consistency! same as minets, afew fish here and there but your never going to have a GREAT day off Minets!

Can't be any worse than the lock jaw all over the lake today..

Lock jaw i musta been lucky then.... :whistling:

Back to the original question. I used to fish quite often with my dad in barrie. Caught lots of perch and a few whitefish and the odd pike right off the marina entrance in about 35ft of water. We also used to fish out in front of the dream catcher and get some good jumbos. Like meegs said though is hard to find consistancy out there.

Guest gbfisher

Wasnt to bad out there Wayne for half a day. You just had to get away from the crowd and find fish that were active....3 or 4 at a time. If just one fish would come in with no compitition you wouldnt get a hit. ;)

Was it you who lost their stuff?

Edited by gbfisher

Wasnt to bad out there Wayne for half a day. You just had to get away from the crowd and find fish that were active....3 or 4 at a time. If just one fish come in with no compitition you wouldnt get a hit. ;)

Was it you who lost there stuff?

Wayne was fishing the other part of the half day that they weren't biting and he likes to mingle with the crowds... :Gonefishing::whistling:

Thanks for the feedback guys, maybe I'll have to give that area a try this week. Lots of parking at least and close to the ice. Beans, did you get the pike jigging or with bait?

Alas...I didn't catch any but I believe this one was caught using bait...

Pike_Fling_2005_018.jpg

Edited by Beans