OFNC members NASCAR pool

danc

Hard to believe, but it's only two weeks away. I'm talking about the NASCAR season which begins with the Daytona 500 February 14th. We've had a lot of fun the past few years in our pool. Nobody takes it too seriously (besides Joey). So don't hesitate to sign up and give it a shot. If it's not your thing, simply stop making your picks. That's it. The more the merrier. If you want to sign up, to see who comes in second place behind me, you'll need a Yahoo ID. Next, go to Yahoo Fantasy Racing From there sign up and create your team. Please use your OFC name so we know who you are. Next select "join group". Select "join a private group". The group ID# is 16623. The group password is "ontario". This should get you into our group. The group name is OFC Bump Drafters. I hope to see all the regulars as well as some new names there. Good luck guys.

I've not been following for the last few years, for various reasons, with one of them the COT, but with the rules changes putting more emphasis on drivers, I think I'm back.... B)

I still have to sign up, & I will, just not tonight. I'll be there though... ;)

The number one reason I think I'm interested again, was a recent blast from the past I had. I had heard about the Canadian Motorsports Expo at the International Centre on Raceline Radio, & that Ron Fellows & Matt Kenseth were both going to be there, & I'm an autograph junkie, so with nothing planned, I decided to go.

First though, I rumbled through old photo albums from my trips south for the races, & came up with some gems, so it was off to WalMart for 8x10 enlargements, & off to the show I went.

Not even being a Ford, Roush or Kenseth fan, I couldn't find a picture I could get signed, BUT, I did find this one, that Kenseth somehow found his way into...btw, when Matt signed this, he took a hard look at it, & I think Dale's car broke his focus on signing autographs...

mk1Small.jpg

He looked at me & said "whoa, that's an old one", & I pointed out that it was 2000, going by the rookie stripes on his back bumper!

He actually thanked me, & then threw in this...

mkSmall.jpg

Being 2000, that would've been the last full season for #3, & I'm sure it got him, you could just see it. Nice guy, Matt Kenseth, even though he's a Roush/Ford driver... :rolleyes:

Swheneways, the real auto I wanted was Ron Fellows. He's also a proud Canadian & one could argue he's the most decorated racer in Canadian history, with wins in the Daytona 24, Lemans 24, Sebring 12, + numerous Nascar events. I've always been a fan going back to his Mosport days.

I just happened to be in Watkins Glen, NY in 1997 when he beat ALL the Nascar guys at their own game in a Craftsman Truck, & had the 8x10 signed as well...

rfSmall.jpg

He told me about that day, stuff that wasn't in the press, & now I can share the story with the pic. Cool!

When the line was pretty much over, he asked if I had anything else, I guess he'd seen inside my binder, so he signed 2 more of my 8x10's, both from the '98 Bud @ The Glen where he started 42nd, & finished 2nd, behind Jeff Gordon...

rf1Small.jpg

rf2Small.jpg

The nice guy he is, asked me if I'd like one of his pictures.....ummmm, yeah, ok...

rf3Small.jpg

So, I spent the rest of the afternoon checking out DIRT cars, Cup cars, sprint cars, the works, & after watching a few hours of this weekends Rolex 24, I think I've got the bug again.

Yeah, I'll be setting up a team. I haven't much idea about who's been on top lately, 'cept JJ, but I'll figure it out. It'll just be fun watching again.

Thanks for setting it up, Dan... B)

Ok I joined. Have a question thou..Whats with the bench? How do you get points from the drivers on the bench? Why is that driver there? New to this type of pool. Also why is everyones team hidden? Id love to see what everyone picked..After I picked my team of course.Are we allowed to make changes to our teams after selection? will no doubt have lots of questions...lol

Edited by tb4me

tb,

you can still recieve qualifying points for your bench drivers and can switch up till a few minutes before the race. ie.... your pick is kyle busch and you have jimmie johnson on the bench, and then you hear kyle justed started his period that morning and is feeling bloated and cramping you can just switch to jimmie. :D . i hope this helps, glad to have you in the pool this year. after the deadline you can see who everyone else picks to by the way.

jason

Got it! You know I have been watching Nascar for about 12 yrs now..there is a good possibility that Kyle Busch will start to cramp...LOL

I might as well come out and say it now but Im probally the one and only OFC Kurt Busch fan!! Go blue deuce!!