What's the Temperature like in your neck of the woods

Leecher

We've had a rotten year so far in my area. Winter came very late. The Saguenay river does not have much ice and where I set up my fish hut, there is no ice yet and the area is closed. So far, we got about 1/3 of the normal snow fall. It's either very cold or too warm with rain. Been in the - 20's all week. Should get quite a bit warmer after the weekend.

Yeah crazy weather this year as far as winter goes. We've had it pretty mild so far but there's always the cold snap that pops up every now and again <_< Tomorrow should be alright to venture out on the hard stuff...... will be targeting my favorite walleye lake :)

But in the mean time, been whittling a wooden project for the past week..... haven't begin the painting stage yet :w00t: Will post some pics when I finally finish it :D

Here's a sneak peek

DSC03072.jpg

Edited by Leechman

justed came back from fishing and work.

got a couple of houres this mornning and missed a good size pike.

then did the plumbing in my frineds cottage.

when i was done the whole thing .

fished again for 1 houres landed a hammer handle 2 lbs pike.

i think i have frost bite on the tip of my fingers tho! :dunno::stretcher::wallbash:

justed came back from fishing and work.

got a couple of houres this mornning and missed a good size pike.

Then did the plumbing in my frineds cottage.

when i was done the whole thing .

fished again for 1 houres landed a hammer handle 2 lbs pike.

i think i have frost bite on the tip of my fingers tho! :dunno::stretcher::wallbash:

I admire your dedication to the sport but for me just too cold to be out there :Gonefishing::stretcher:

Tomorrow will be a lot better temp wise..... I'm going to St-Marie early morning for some eyes and you are welcome to join.... just let me know, leaving tomorrow at 6:30am

At 6:15 pm in 'Bama it's 32*F, humidity is 73% and we have a N.W. wind @ 10 mph... Ol' Yeller came in from work a couple hours ago just'a squawkin' about how she was frozen to the bone and wants summer to hurry up and get here!... and she's Canadian!!! :lol:

It's a wet, bone chilling, retnek kinda cold yanno! ;)

At 6:15 pm in 'Bama it's 32*F, humidity is 73% and we have a N.W. wind @ 10 mph... Ol' Yeller came in from work a couple hours ago just'a squawkin' about how she was frozen to the bone and wants summer to hurry up and get here!... and she's Canadian!!! :lol:

It's a wet, bone chilling, retnek kinda cold yanno! ;)

I hear ya Glen :lol: Just reading your reply, I feel a lot better now :angel:

Wish me luck tomorrow.... going for some golden :D

Since last Monday night, we have been in -25ish overnight lows to -16ish highs. Colder outside of Thunder Bay. Forecasted to be -22C overnight tonight, feels like -31 with the wind chill.

-19C right now, high of -16C forecasted for today. Its not that bad with sunny skies and the wind does not get any more than 10 kmh, but when it gets to 15 kmh, it feels a lot colder.

Since last Monday night, we have been in -25ish overnight lows to -16ish highs. Colder outside of Thunder Bay. Forecasted to be -22C overnight tonight, feels like -31 with the wind chill.

-19C right now, high of -16C forecasted for today. Its not that bad with sunny skies and the wind does not get any more than 10 kmh, but when it gets to 15 kmh, it feels a lot colder.

Since November we have been in -25ish highs. :w00t:

Most times colder a few times warmer.

Currently a balmy -33. water13-1.gif

Sounds like a cold spell to me Tom.... hopefully it won't last too long and get back into seasonal temps later on :)

Since November we have been in -25ish highs. :w00t:

Most times colder a few times warmer.

Currently a balmy -33. water13-1.gif

You must getting anxious to see the temps raise onto teens so that you can go out fishing hey Dave :whistling:

Jacques, the cold spell started just after christmas into the new year, then warmer temps reaching 0C overnight last sunday, then dipping down last monday to what it is now. Long range forecast looks like a warming trend starting wednesday, for how long, who knows. But, whatever, been dealing with it for many years up here.

Jacques, the cold spell started just after christmas into the new year, then warmer temps reaching 0C overnight last sunday, then dipping down last monday to what it is now. Long range forecast looks like a warming trend starting wednesday, for how long, who knows. But, whatever, been dealing with it for many years up here.

Over here, it's been pretty warm so far except for the spells..... rivers, Ottawa and Gatineau aren't fully frozen yet in some parts which is really unusual for this time of year. Today had a good 16"+ of ice on the lake I targeted compared to last week which was 13". Like you said "who knows" is what we have to deal with so far.

I don't think I would venture out on the big lakes up here simply because I don't know what the ice thickness is with this crazy weather.

You must getting anxious to see the temps raise onto teens so that you can go out fishing hey Dave :whistling:

You bet!!!! Won't be long now. :D

I've got some vacation time booked for the end of March beginning of April. A buddy and I are heading to the East arm of Great Slave to try and ice some giant Lakers.

My buddy has one of these for us to hold up in when we're not fishing.

p071888sq01.jpg

We will probably spend a week or so exploring out there and then hit some other big trout lakes when we get bored. :lol:

You bet!!!! Won't be long now. :D

I've got some vacation time booked for the end of March beginning of April. A buddy and I are heading to the East arm of Great Slave to try and ice some giant Lakers.

My buddy has one of these for us to hold up in when we're not fishing.

p071888sq01.jpg

We will probably spend a week or so exploring out there and then hit some other big trout lakes when we get bored. :lol:

Kewl Dave..... That's an awesome chanty your friend has :whistling: If I may call it that :lol:

Good luck with them big lakers!!!

It got up to 59*F for a couple hours here today. There was a piercing northerly breeze on the north side of the house... but the patio on the south side was almost like being in Florida! B)

Hope you didn't get a sunburn on the patio Glen ;) Up here this morning almost got a wind burn on the south side of the lake :P Cozy -15C and some snow <_<