Ice Fishing Today

DMASSE

Hello

So I posted WHO WOULD LIKE TO GO ICE FISHING and Mark AKA BUICK14 posted lets go.... So 8am off we go to Cooks Bay for some perch action.. Arrive to find that there isnt alot of people fishing where we were. So I check the Navionics for the IPHONE and off we go looking for 23- 27 ft of water... When we set up the hut and started fishing Mark pulled out his AQUA VIEW (very cool by the way) and I pull out my sonar and we start catching fish right way.. The action was hot and steady with breaks of about 10-20 minutes between schools of fish..

Half way though the day A CO stops by to check for licenses and off he went...Good to see them on the ice, I dont mind being checked..

Here are some pics for the day, the last pick is 30 good size fish for the table with over 50 released and probally another 50+ missed..

th_d35c4c5b.jpg

th_965c8044.jpgth_3d284a48.jpg

th_8208cf44.jpg

OUR BOUNTY

th_e32db874.jpg

INSIDE AND OUT OF OUR FORTRESS

th_d35c4c5b.jpg

th_194238c2.jpg

Thanks again to BUICK14 (mark) for a great day and I look forward in fishing again soon

Dave

Guest buick14

Right on man....

Note to self: keep st croix ice rods away from Mr. Buddy Heater.....Anybody looking for a custom ice rod?

I tell you, pictures don't do justice...there were some nice fish, and you can agree; those perch were biting real soft today....walleye-like short strikes for sure... Without that aqua vu, I wouldnt have had half those fish

We did better than the guy beside us for sure lol

IRISHFIELD

I think all you have to do is click the thumb nail for the full sizw pics

BUICK they are tasting great right now on my perch Burger... Those guys shouldnt have been using 1 oz crippled hearing and 60lbs test attached to spreaders... LOL

Good day and YUM