New Truck!

purekgw

Congrats on the new truck, you should be happy with it.

I bought a new Dakota in 2001 and drove it for 3 years and really enjoyed it other than the fact that the turns signals kept going on the fritz, but that was covered under warranty.

Best of luck with the new ride.

Nope, infact I don't think they ever tried to figure it out themselves, they just kept putting a whole new unit in. Happened about 4 different times where I'd put on the turn signal and the 4 way flashers would come on.

After the 4th time and the expiration of the warranty, with no explanation of the problem or even an apology for all my wasted time sitting in the waiting room, I got rid of it.

Too bad actually cause I really liked the Dakota, but the Chrysler service sucked and I had no intention of having to start paying for parts & service when they couldn't be bothered fixing the propblem right in the 1st place.

Other than that though, it was a good vehicle.

I've still got my 2001. It's been a great truck, although it did cost be a new tranny at about 123,000 km.

The V6 is little bit underpowered (more of a gearing issue I think, likes to come out of OD up a grade) and heavy on fuel, but if yours , like mine, has the 3.9L V6 (pre 2002) rather than the 3.7L, it's a good strong motor that will last for years.

I drove a Jeep Liberty with the 3.7 for a while and it was even heavier on fuel than my Dakota.

Good luck with the truck.

ya the 3.9 is a good motor, got 215km on mine right now, had one with 285km on it that went to the junk yard still running. looks like you didnt get a 4x4 tsk tsk!

my transmission went in my 94 dakota at 170km.

i'll be looking for a newer one this spring and probably get the v8, the 3.9 is to under powered, to bad for fuel ecomony lol

you'll be happy with your dakota, they are an overall good reliable truck and have been around for a while!