ATV's vs Sled

mark_74

120 mph....wow....are you sure???? Yes....in soft snow....2 feet of soft snow...no problem for an ATV. It's when it starts to get warm....just above freezing that things start to get hairy.

Now back to 120 mph. A buddy of mine just loves to run at 100 mph and take photos of his speedometer with a fast Polaris snowmobile but he couldn't quite get 100 mph on a lake covered with 15 inches of soft snow.

If an 800 bombi is a Bombardier....isn't the speedometer in km/h??

Does Yamaha make a 450 cc ATV?

i dont know what any of you are talking about ATV not being good in deep snow all last winter me and a few of my friends were out everyother day ripping around in 2 to 3 foot of snow never had a problem getting stuck or losing speed and this was with all the quads we were running 450 yamaha 700 suzi and 800 bombi (which did 119MPH in the snow)

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah...Yamaha makes a 450 Kodiak..I had one sitting in my yard for 5 years till I sold it due to lack of use.

My sled however has 13,000 km on it in 4 seasons.

Figure out what you want the toy for and buy the one thats applicable. ATV's and snowmobiles are 2 entirely different things

As to the OP original question I have both , Sled ,ATV and if it's ice fishing and trails . A vintage sled with a Classic Trail Permit is the best . If there is no snow you can still run the lakes and fish. If there is snow the trail system is endless in a vintage sled or seems like it. ;)

I like vintage sleds, ATVs and motorcycles.

My sled is an 88 Safari 503 long track.

My ATV is an 89 Yamaha Big Bear.

My motorcycle is an 83 Yamaha Virago 920 cc.

Nobody want's to steal them and insurance is very very low.

i dont know what any of you are talking about ATV not being good in deep snow all last winter me and a few of my friends were out everyother day ripping around in 2 to 3 foot of snow never had a problem getting stuck or losing speed and this was with all the quads we were running 450 yamaha 700 suzi and 800 bombi (which did 119MPH in the snow)

2183619BS-meter2.gif

i never said it was stock i have a pic of it somewhere on either my comp or on one of my cell phones it has a turbo on it and its not a work quad its a racing quad

i dont own one myself but my friends are right into hitting the trails one of them races and is sponsered by yamaha

Edited by Rob D