Aqua view at 80 feet or so

vinnimon

Im headin out for some deep water and packing a fish finder and an aquaview.The deepest I used the view was at 25 fow.At 80ft or so in clear water will it be the same on screen?clearity and viewing distance?I know to spin the camera around is going to be some work to stay focussed on my bait.Any comments would be great.thanks in advance.V

I've found with ours that it depends on the light getting through the snow cover....I've seen fish at 80 FOW with ours,and the lake is getting clearer now that we got Zebra mussels....HTH....TC and tight lines....Chuck......
Well there are lights on it and hoping it doesnt scare them off at those depths.But it may work the other way.

With any snow cover I've never gotten anything on my Aquaview below 30 feet.

I've tried on Joseph and off BBP on Simcoe in 80ft but nothing shows outside a very very small window. I can see the silt get stirred up when on the bottom but even with the IR light there's no real visisble radius.

Best is perchin on Simcoe 15-25ft. It's more of a distraction and I don't take it out any more unless I need to humor my son. Sitting here collecting dust!

I got the Aqua - Vu with the 100 ft cable for Christmas! ( spoiled girl lol ) I had a chance to test it out last weekend on Rosseau! We were fishing in 40 ft of water and was able to see quite a bit although it was somewhat limited in the range.. I actually saw a small lake trout pick up the tube jig I was using and start swimming away with it! Unfortunately, she grabbed it by the side and I wasn't able to get a hookset. Was awesome to see though! I was even able to make out the spots on the side! Looking forward to trying it in Simcoe soon and learning how the whities react.

I have never used mine in 80' of water but what I did do was use a tie wrap, put it through the hole near the tail and around the cable so that the camera points straight down. That works really well for me because it gives me a straight shot down and you never have to worry about turning the camera. I just adjust the camera so that I can see my bait and then anything that comes even close, I can see.