Mossberg 500

oxcowboy

hi guys and gals a buddy of mine has a friend that is needing some $ soon. he has a mossberg 500 for sale for cheap, comes with three (3)barels and is in pretty good shape. What kind of USD $ should i offer too him

jason

ok guys its a 500a has the full , improved and rifled slug barel. im looking at about 150$ i dont think i can pass it up. dont really need it but for the price? what shoul i do? the goose barel is gonna need re blued.

jason

That combo sells for $600 new in Canada. For 150 I wouldn't be able to get the gun fast enough into my hands. This is assuming it has been taken care of. Take each of the barrels and check for rust in the bore. If you see a little bit of surface, just take it off with some steel wool. If it's creating pits be careful.

Edited by anonymous

I have one that I picked up in the early 70s for twenty bucks, if you can believe that. Needed some refinishing on the stock and some touch-up blueing on the barrel but it's a great all around gun. Action is smooth and it patterns great as well. Works as well today as it did then. For a hundred and a half, I wouldn't waste any time hemming and hawing.

I cant believe missed this thread, ill give your friend 250 cash for it!! here is a pic of my mossberg with a Knoxx tactical shock stock and my camo barrel (i was testing it out) this set up is for big game shotgun season. usually with the 24in slug barrel,I dont use the knoxx front hand grip I find it too bulky. it can hit a beer case at 100 yards. :thumbsup_anim:

its all mine :D i havent had a chance to shoot it yet, but its in pretty good shape. i like you guys thought it was too good of a deal to pass on. i have always used my dads old browning sweet sixteen to hunt with and would love to continue using it, but it is way too valuable to be out banging the brush with, not just the value of the gun, but the value of where it came from.

Thanks for all the votes of confidence on it, ive never owned a mossberg, but they seem to be a pretty reliable gun from everything i have read.

I also picked up a CBC single shot 20 gauge from the same guy for a good price, critters dont stand a chance now.

jason

I know nothing on the subject but the RAMONES sang a song "Scattergun" about a Mossberg so they must be good. Congrats on your new gun and your increased knowledge of Ramones trivia...you now know one thing. Kind of a catchy song too..try downloading it and you can sing it to your gun as you blast the cr@p out of something.

I've owned a Mossberg 500 for about 35 years now. Bought it new when I was a teen. Mine's a 20 gauge. I've pretty much used it every fall since and can't even guess how many Grouse I've harvested with that thing. It's never failed me.

Grouse.jpg

I've owned a Mossberg 500 for about 35 years now. Bought it new when I was a teen. Mine's a 20 gauge. I've pretty much used it every fall since and can't even guess how many Grouse I've harvested with that thing. It's never failed me.

Grouse.jpg

Did they died?Love me some Grouse..or quail..or dux.

X i have always used my dads old browning sweet sixteen to hunt with and would love to continue using it, but it is way too valuable to be out banging the brush with, not just the value of the gun, but the value of where it came from.

Sounds like you got a good deal on the Mossberg, but I'd have to disagree with you on this. It's your call of course, but I'd be using that gun all the time because of where it came from. The best guns are guns that you use, and guns don't improve from storage. ;)

Just IMO.

jocko,

i understand exactly what you mean, but i would rather save it for special occaisons after my children have grown enough to handle it. it kicks pretty good and wouldnt want my boys to tame it till they are older. after a few more years, its gonna be theres to do with what they please, as long as it doesnt leave the famil, that is my fathers only request.

jason