A Tough Day of Fishing

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

went fishing yesterday! absolutely nothing went right!

my friend forgot the bait, i broke a snowhoe on the hike in, i got skunked, and at the end of the day i put an entire leg up to my hip through thin ice. be careful in the north. all of that snow early in the season has left us with some pretty terrible ice.

man, what a day.

went fishing yesterday! absolutely nothing went right!

my friend forgot the bait, i broke a snowhoe on the hike in, i got skunked, and at the end of the day i put an entire leg up to my hip through thin ice. be careful in the north. all of that snow early in the season has left us with some pretty terrible ice.

man, what a day.

tough morning for me as well, after walking for 20 minutes on the ice wee realized we forgot the reels in the car, my friend forgot his new license at home, and the auger was barely working. and yes, skunked again

at least i know we're not alone :P

No wonder there are soooo many fish "up there". :P

You know what they say: A bad day fishin'....

One good hour on the ice and all those troubles will be forgotten.

crappy deal man. we had solid ice where we were fishing...a good 12 inch...no slush nothing, hope over to another lake and slush galore, could almost push the auger through without turning.

Were you in the park?

I will give a low down tomorrow about the day.

Same for us in the southern end.Lots of fish attracted and seen on the aquaview.the only ones that nibbled were tiny smelt nibbling on our minnows.The pickerel had there noses to the bait.The shad swam happily around.Attracted a monster bass and a chromie.Even the perch and bluegill sat cautiously.we were using the hotest thing going and switching to old favorites,with stingers and all.You name it ,weve tried it.Maybe a drop in pressure could of done it. :dunno: It was hard fishin for sure,the aquaview kept us entertained for sure.

yesterday was a beauty of a day!! of course cleaned house in crooked but nothing of any real size then went broke trail into some other lakes for next week so i can just fly in.

and ya eazy a personal skunking for you today! i got the trophy speck of a day :P hahahaha!!

only 3 specks caught all day between 5 guys and one tossed back, pretttty darn slowwwww.

yesterday was a beauty of a day!! of course cleaned house in crooked but nothing of any real size then went broke trail into some other lakes for next week so i can just fly in.

and ya eazy a personal skunking for you today! i got the trophy speck of a day :P hahahaha!!

only 3 specks caught all day between 5 guys and one tossed back, pretttty darn slowwwww.

I'll have to make up for it next time! :blush:

I was supposed to finally get out this weekend, until we ended up having a blizzard that started late Friday and lasted most of Saturday. So there went Saturday's fishing, Today was spent digging out. :angry:

Too cold to go fishing today now that the cold front moved through. Froze my butt off out in the yard running the snowblower for almost 2 hours in -40 windchills!!! YEAAAAY!!!

Next week is looking good so far though. ;)

It was an ok weekend of fishing up at Ranger Lake area too, we went up north of Saymo to a few lakes, we all limited out on lakers, no specks this weekend. It took us the whole day to limit out, the fish weren't hitting too great. The morning fish never really turned on, but the evening was good, we all got decent hits and all limited out at around 4pm. After that...hit the trails home and filleted and chowed down!