Muskey's Landing Ice Fishing

Hey everybody I was thinking about ice fishing with a buddy at Muskey's Landing at the start of february and I have never been there and I was wondering if anybody has fished there and if they had any luck or info on what its like there in general. I've only ice fished a few times in my life and think it would be fun to get out.

You talking in Port Severn?? Be pretty hard pressed for safe ice in front of there... :w00t: They must take you down the road and onto the lake further down from the dam??

Yup... Even though it doesn't look like there is a lot of current, there is. I wouldn't step foot out on that ice...

Yeah I think they wouldn't have ice fishing packages and things if they didnt have somewhere for you to actually fish. Really just looking forward to getting out and ice fish a little and my friend is really excited and wants to try Muskey's Landing.

when you're driving along 69, over the bridge you will see a little ice hut city in the distance beyond muskey's i am betting thats where they take you.

Thanks Raf.. figured they had to be down stream a tad from the resort.. as it's too shallow and not safe directly in front of it.

You'll catch lotsa pike in Hoggs....early morning and late afternoon you may even catch a few eyes.

The hut city that Raf talks about sometimes doesn't exist. Some years its out there and others its not...pretty shaky at times. You could be fishing on 10 inches of ice and 20 feet away is open water :o

Good luck , and let us know how you do!

called them and i am booked. they said the huts are through backwater tackle and apparently according to their website the fishing is in hogg's bay

So you stay in Severn and then have to drive to Victoria Harbour to fish?? Depending on their pricing I'd stay in a hotel/motel in Midland then instead...

Was pretty sure the location wasn't condusive to ice fishing.. so I browsed my aerial photos. This is during VERY good ice last year. X marks Muskey's Landing Resort.

muskylanding.jpg