kempenfelt report

tambo

i posted this on the verbatim on the simcoe board, the fellers on this board seem to have more sense, so ignore the urgency in my words.

" write this with great reluctance. we took a drive to bbp and bp, and there are 8 guys on bbp ad 4 cars at bear. the ice has only been there for 3 days, i strongly suggeswt you give it more time, it looks sketchy.

it is not worth risking your life and the lives of rescue workers for a couple fish. i am sick and barely able to walk, but i now know what is importaqnt in life. spend some more time with your loved ones for the next few days, it's a long season. the whole lake minus barrie appears frozen, it won't be long. please give it a few more days..

let;'s stay safely onshoire or perchin for a bit boys, she's not ready."

mike

KBAY is the deepest of all the lake.Has the most servere drop offs. It always freezes last.

Places like BP will freeze up first,but you take a chance out there, if a good wind picks up.

Just wait for those 3-4 days of no wind and deep temps.It will take a good solid week for the ice to form right.

It is pretty amazing that the whole lake froze over and Kemp is still open water. Maybe the treatment plant is pouring in more warm water then we think. One good wind storm and the lake will be open again.

I just picked up a floater suit man, let me know when you plan on heading out.. I haven't icefished in years! :)

skud,

it's not the whole bay, but a good chunk is open, probably from minets west

i wonder if it has something to do with the treatment plant, but even the ganny froze almost tight in the yacht club even when that flow was roaring.

i thoght kemp always froze west to east??????