gold

corvette1

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

it killed me to watch but them yanks deserved it. they were a solid team. could have gone either way but they earned it for sure.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

allen should have been pulled after the first two. both were straight in, no screen...just glove side, top corners... then just after he let the trickler almost go in. then that dump in rebound or whatever was BRUTAL! the kid has a shaky game.

not that i will take anything away from the yanks because like i said, they are an incredible team.

It was a great game and the yanks definitely deserved the win. They were the better team for most of the game.

And to be honest I wasn't very impressed with this Canadian team. I really don't care how badly they beat teams like Latvia either. They only played 1 good team all tourney, in the Americans, and were outplayed both times. They looked very slow and very sloppy with the puck compared to the yanks. They almost looked like they didn't care for half the game. I actually think the weak schedule they played hurt them, as a couple more competitive games may have got them going.

Congrats to the American's on the well deserved win in a great game.

I think this really helps hockey worldwide. I think we can agree that most countries are making strides in producing better hockey players, none moreso than the American's.

Now that it's once again been proven that we CAN be beaten, I think the world will turn things up another notch.

And being beaten tonight only adds more drama for next years tournament. Instead of 'Going for 7' in every broadcast or news report, the headlines will be leaning towards Canada winning back the Gold, on American turf.

Can't wait... ;)

allen should have been pulled after the first two.

That's exactly what I thought.

The US had a better squad and wanted it more last night. Both games against the US our boys just didn't have any jump. I thought they where slow responding to loose pucks. I was pretty sure 4 0n 4 the speed of the US squad would come out on top...but I was still hoping our boys could pull it off.

For me it was nice to see Nemisz a hometown boy here finally get a goal. My son played soccer with him growing up. And his dad is a good man and a sports dad through and through.

Congratulations team USA on a job well done. Canada could of very well won that game as well. Us armchair coaches can disect the game to pieces and blame whoever we want for loosing, but what an entertaining game to say the least. Hold your chins up team Canada we are still very proud of all of you. All that shot blocking from team U.S. took a page out of our playbook for sure. Saw a few of our players doing the flamingo pose to block shots. Not sure where they learned that. Thought they only did that in the N.H.L. We will get them next year.

Not really a follower of hockey but couldnt help watching parts of last nights game.

Didnt think it was going to be a blow out for Canada and was so disappointed when USA scored the winning goal early into overtime.

Congrats to the US team on the win, felt sorry for the Canada team----was a heartbreaker for sure. Still they have nothing to be ashamed about, they made an impressive run for the gold.

IMHO

That was an entertaining game to watch. Both teams absolutely deserved to be there, but Allen didn't seem as focused as he has been in previous games. Nerves, maybe? Doesn't matter - a silver medal is nothing to sneer at, so all the kids should be very proud.

And, congrats to the American team on playing another really solid game. Bill's right - next year in Buffalo will be awesome!

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

It was a great game...not a classic.

The better team won, they had better Defence and Goaltending, which ended up being the difference. Petrieangelo was a dud...cant believe he's playin in the NHL.

Lots of great hits in the first period by both teams, it was entertaining to watch. Poor Jake Allen...bad time to have a bad game, but didnt have much help in front of him in his own end.