snowmobiler found in redstone lake

Please, It does not really matter how "well" or how many "years" you have been on a certain lake for. It can happen to anyone this time of year. Lots of snow before the cold came and this will happen all over ontario

My condolences to the family and friends of this guy.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTV...=TorontoNewHome

If you don't want to wear a floater suit, the inflatable life jackets will fit over your regular suit. Less than 200 bucks to save your life!

Well, at least it will make the body easier to find. There is no substute for a good survival suit if you do happen to have an accident. I read somewhere that a regular snowmobile suit could give you up to about 18 minutes, a proper survival suit upwards of 45 minutes. Sure makes the probability of getting our alive a whole lot better!

I hear ya Cliff..and I wear the floater suit, but they are different than the survival suit. If you can stay afloat, you can stay alive. Some guys just won't wear the floater suits, so an inflatable PFD will make a big difference allowing your head to stay above water untill the initial shock and hyperventilation subsides. Watch the video GCD put up and you can see that it is not difficult to survive going through if you are prepared.