WHY,WHY,WHY

misfish

news reporters must have had a pretty slow day if they were concerned about a truck blowing donuts on the ice. its a ton of fun getting up to speed and then cranking it over to see how many times you can spin. plain old donuts are too boring for me :D

he likely checked the ice, didnt fall through, and nobody was hurt. i dont see the problem?

Just for safety sake, how about not giving people the wrong idea, some are swayed just to easily, want to rub yourself out, I don't have a problem with that, just don't encourage others. <_<

A truck was on the Ice and did not fall through, its sad what passes for news these days. Apparently he was presented to the public so that the uninformed masses could pass judgment. The lack of facts like ice thickness only shows that the intention was to sensationalize.

Dara ....the stunt driving law has been ruled unconstitutional twice, so it would be no more or less unconstitutional for the cops to illegally take someones truck from the ice as it is to take it from the 401.

As far as spinning their truck on the ice, if you grew up rural you've been there done that.

Back in the late 60's we were ice racing cars at Young's Point (I think, it was a long time ago) and some guys were running down the lake and throwing their cars into a spin at high speed. I suspect it was locals because all the ice racers were busy with heats. I'm sure it was fun, at least fun until the guy with what was reported later to be a new hemi Charger put on a great show, ending up in the open water at the narrows south of our location. I guess he didn't realize how fast he was going. The car sank but he got out. We heard they brought in a big helicopter from Borden to lift it out. Must have been a pretty expensive donut.

JF

Terry

OPEN water just meters out.Come on.You know better then that.

If he had of gone through,you would be singing a different tune.So ya he was lucky.

Dont tell me theres 12 inches out there either.

Oh,can I take yer truck out???????LOL

When did they say there was open water meters away? How long has that bay been frozen for now, close to a month?

Its the beginning of the ice season, what do ya expect?

Wow, I thought hemi Chargers could do everything- even float. Love the old Chargers- have a '66 of my own ( no Hemi though...)

We could feel the ice shaking when it was building up speed. We all commented on it before it came into sight from behind the point. I don't remember other cars doing that.

My bro-in-law had a 440 R/T Magnum. It was pretty fast and the gas mileage sucked around town.

JF

JF

Just for safety sake, how about not giving people the wrong idea, some are swayed just to easily, want to rub yourself out, I don't have a problem with that, just don't encourage others. <_<

So...we have to stop having fun because stupid people might copy us and get it wrong?

PS, when you don't grow up rutal..iced over mall parking lots are where you do the donuts...just watch the darn light poles and dry spots DAMHIKT

Edited by Dara

When did they say there was open water meters away? How long has that bay been frozen for now, close to a month?

Its the beginning of the ice season, what do ya expect?

WHY DONT YA ALL ASK THE GUY THAT KEEPS THE ICE ROAD CLEAR TO THE ISLAND?????????????? :oops::oops:

they have been driving trucks over to the island for days now, the same day they quit with the ferry the ice road was on

http://www.yorkregion.com/article/101301

For all those that know all.

Go ahead and drive off all.

Sry for the families loss.

Edited by misfish