My new ATV ice fishing machine

motion

So I have finally finished my ATV rig for ice fishing. My son and I really got into it late last year so I decided to get the ATV ready for this year. I added a two up seat (I know it may not legal, but I will take my chances on the lake)I made up a new basket for the front that hold two Rubbermaid roughnecks and my Mr. heater. I added a thumb warmer and hot grips as well.

The ice auger was a challenge but I made a metal bracket to hold it on the back of the ATV secularly. The minnow bucket fits on the back of the two up seat where the gas can usually goes, perfectly. There is tons of storage to hold my essential items such as shovel, tackle and tip ups. I can’t wait for the ice to be safe (soon I hope!!!!) to take this machine out for some lakers, whities and perch.

Thought I would share it with all of you. Hope to see everyone on Lake Simcoe soon!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Cheers.

[

Edited by motion

well lock her up tight

mine was stolen

you might want to buy a set of chains for the back wheels

I didn't put them on often but always had them with me

I got stuck in a slush field and couldn't move put the chains on and drove out

a good investment

yeah I had a 2006 griz 660 4x4

I found you are best to run most of the time without chains

they tend to always dig in, whereas without hem you can run on top of crusty snow but with them on you push through the snow because they do dig in

but in slushy conditions I would not go without them on

same if there is no snow

for steering control they sure help

DSCF25761.jpg

Edited by Terry®

Wayne, it does stick out slightly on either side protected by the metal mounting bracket. I only fish Lake Simcoe but can see your point about running through the bush. I would have to re-think the bracket if I change my fishing routine.

might want to consider getting a fairing if you will be running in open areas. i threw one on my grizzly 700 and its awesome. makes a huge difference when riding when its a tad chilly out.

it looks like chains will work on those tires. chains wont work on many of the more aggressive tires with big lugs because the chains just fall between the lugs rendering them useless. studs are the way to go with the tires that have big lugs. im waiting on the snow to test out my radial mud lites...

btw...radials OWN 6ply tires in traction and handling :thumbsup_anim:

I was thinking of a fairing as well. Might look to add that next year. I'll see how it goes this year (if it ever comes. LOL) :mellow:

i am 24 and was called a wimp and some other not so nice words by the 8+ other guys i regularly ride with for getting heated grips and a fairing. apparently "real men" dont need that kinda stuff. the funny thing is 3 of those guys now have fairings and heated grips as well after trying mine out.

after all the whining the other guys did last time i dont think it will be long before they get fairings and heated grips too :thumbsup_anim:

our group is addicted to quading and spend way too much money on them. we often run in a group of 15+ so i get to see a lot of new tires, winches, accessories, etc in action nearly every weekend. if you have any questions about anything dont hesitate to give me a shout B)

May I make a suggestion? With the auger on the back of the bike the tires have a tendency to throw snow up onto the head of the auger sometimes causing the recoil to freeze ( running through loose powder or slush) ...only happened once to me and we were not able to start it as the recoil and throttle controls were completely frozen with slush....Since then I just cover my auger head with a bag (reuseable shopping bag)and a elastic velcro strap and it keeps the head debris free ....works like a charm...that's a nice setup ...enjoy

Suds

Edited by Sudsmaster

Guest skeeter99

heres mine

P1230047.jpg

oversize carb kit

reverse override

speed override

mudlite xl's

straight through exhaust

ice fishing crap

fish trap pro

vexilar fl8-se

buddy heater

aqua view cam

mad dog auger mount

lowrance h20

Edited by skeeter99

Even with them centre'd...can still get bent! Auger is exact width of the ski stance.. and auger is centre'd.. still hooked a tree !

mar09i.jpg

Hauling it like that, I would be taking the power head off.

I used to till I got my otter. For that I put a bunch of eye bolts through to the inside at the bottom so i can strap stuff down for a rough ride

May I make a suggestion? With the auger on the back of the bike the tires have a tendency to throw snow up onto the head of the auger sometimes causing the recoil to freeze ( running through loose powder or slush) ...only happened once to me and we were not able to start it as the recoil and throttle controls were completely frozen with slush....Since then I just cover my auger head with a bag (reuseable shopping bag)and a elastic velcro strap and it keeps the head debris free ....works like a charm...that's a nice setup ...enjoy

Suds

Thanks for that tip Suds. I will get a cover for the auger head for sure. Cant wait for the Lake to freeze up good so we can give it a good test!! :clapping: