Who wants to build an ice hut for Sturgeon Lake?

Big Cliff

OK, since ice fishing is opening up here this winter and I don't have an ice hut (but would like to) I figured there might be someone out there that would like to have an ice hut but doesn't have a place to store it or a way to move it. Sooooooooo!

If someone wants to build one, something nice, I would be willing to help you build it (but I have no money so you supply the materials) I'll take care of storing it for you in the off season, and I have an ATV that we could use to move it when necessary, parking at my place but you might have to help clearing the snow occasionally for the extra parking spot (I have a snow blower but I'm getting old and lazy).

We might have to work out details later but I thought I'd see if anyone is interested first.

Guest skeeter99
OK, since ice fishing is opening up here this winter and I don't have an ice hut (but would like to) I figured there might be someone out there that would like to have an ice hut but doesn't have a place to store it or a way to move it. Sooooooooo!

If someone wants to build one, something nice, I would be willing to help you build it (but I have no money so you supply the materials) I'll take care of storing it for you in the off season, and I have an ATV that we could use to move it when necessary, parking at my place but you might have to help clearing the snow occasionally for the extra parking spot (I have a snow blower but I'm getting old and lazy).

We might have to work out details later but I thought I'd see if anyone is interested first.

well I would love to but (you have no money) so that atv will be parked since you got no gas!!!!

just funny to see us pushing a atv with a hut attached to the back

actually have done it and dont ask!!!! LOL!!!

Edited by skeeter99

Boy does it ever look small in that picture Beans. it is actually 16 x 24. I figured that would make a good ice hut, now I just have to figgure out how to get it out there LOL.

Think hard Cliff...no way to put it on the railway and extend the tracks ???

Actually you could add a couple of bunks and rent it out as a sleeper hut... :thumbsup_anim:

Boy does it ever look small in that picture Beans. it is actually 16 x 24.

I was thinking the same thing Cliff. Having been in it I know it has plenty of room for your boat and everything else you have stored in there.

Generous offer for the hut Cliff. I just love my portable though and am more into the freedom it allows as opposed to a permanent hut. If not I would be up there next weekend to help you put something together, cause I know you have a good location and a hut left there would be well looked after.

BTW Have you got ice out front yet?

Quite the offer Cliff, free storage, excellent access and help pulling on and off the ice. Pretty solid deal for someone looking to have a hut and simply fish out of it.

I am pretty sure whoever takes you up on this would supply everything including the gas for the machine.

No worries Roy, it would seem most everyone else see the offer as generous. ;)

I thought Skeeter just meant it as a harmless joke. :dunno:

But Cliff, as for yer offer, any chance we could build something permanent on stilts that I could use as a summer place? :P

JF

Guest skeeter99
I thought Skeeter just meant it as a harmless joke. :dunno:

But Cliff, as for yer offer, any chance we could build something permanent on stilts that I could use as a summer place? :P

JF

yeah it was a joke

and kinda threw me off since I have a hut that cliff could probably have since I use my portable all the time