Memories of the Bill Dance Show

Syn

It is still on why did you stop watching?

Its not on my tv channels anymore. Once there were 3-4 fishing shows in a row on during the weekends, which was awesome during winter. Probably have to get satellite dish to get the fishing shows back, but still able to view fishing shows via internet.

Ya, I remember Sunday nights on the old Nashville Network, they'd run a couple of hours of fishing shows. My first intro to Bill Dance, Orlando Wilson, Hank Parker, etc.

Hey Syn, check out: myoutdoortv.com They have a bunch of Bill's shows on there! I watch a lot of 'em again for old times sake.

His show inspired 90% of the rubes around here to use the "Texas-arch" hookset regardless of species or method of fishing. :P

I love those bloopers haha. What a tool. When he swings that battery into the water and yanks himself with it, its just priceless.

Now I don't think old Bill wouldn't like to hear you saying Texas - Arch...

The "T" on Bill's hat is for his team, the University of Tennessee Volunteer's.

I guess with the tough mouths found on Bass over 5 pounds, and a jig with a heavy hook you needed a serious hook set in the days of fiberglass rods and stretchy mono line.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

bill's show was a huge influence on me as a youth. every saturday morning i'd watch the full lineup of american fishing shows on TNN. i really miss fish fishburne's show!

Ya, I remember Sunday nights on the old Nashville Network, they'd run a couple of hours of fishing shows. My first intro to Bill Dance, Orlando Wilson, Hank Parker, etc.

Hey Syn, check out: myoutdoortv.com They have a bunch of Bill's shows on there! I watch a lot of 'em again for old times sake.

TNN is where I used to watch Bill too. Then the network went to crap and all the good fishing shows went off. Foxworthy did a hunting show too didn't he?

Wow, was I ever good looking when I was young... :huh::rolleyes:

Bill is an awesome guy and a never ending stream of pranks.

Got to spend a few days with him years ago when I was down getting involved with Strike King...15 years ago if my memory serves me right. It was just before they released the Pork-O.

Here is the good part...I'm fishing with Bill and he says "get whatever you need out of the rod locker"...so I open it up and here is this fandango chunk of pork on a big weedless hook all neatly wrapped in a ZIP-LOCK bag...way before Bob Izumi had heard of them ;) . So I pull it out and say "hey this looks cool" and Bill freaks since nobody was supposed to see it and he didn't know if he could trust me...they did and I am happy ...remember this is not far from where they filmed the movie Deliverance, so I am sure they could have had a different ending.

In the boat beside us was Chad Spence...son of Charles who owned Strike King at the time, and he to is not sure what to do as he says to Bill..."my Daddy is gonna kill you Bill"....then I piped up and said "you should call this a Pork-O"...not knowing they didn't have a name yet and it was right when the Slug-O was king.

Also while with Bill I saw a flock of Pileated Woodpeckers and I said to Bill "wow is that ever cool, we get them at home but not in bunches" to which he replied "Big Jim they are really good to eat...but not near as tasty as an owl :huh: kidding of course...like I said he was a never ending prank.

Anyway that is how the name came to be and I narrowly missed spending the rest of my life as a hillbilly.

Have a great Holiday Season and MERRY CHRISTMAS...See ya at BPS this weekend on Saturday afternoon and till early Sunday afternoon ...lets talk ice fishing.

BIG JIM...happy today as the lake behind the house is ofishally frozen, ev en with the wind. :)