One Last Cast - Dec 6/09 - BOQ Report - Pictures Fixed

superdad

Laker John and I were invited to join QuintePrince for a day of fall fishing, we met and hooked his boat up and headed for Shermans launch. Got the gear into the boat and headed up Long Reach to where we had seen some fish the other day.

The west wind made the trolling and boat control difficult as it was constantly pushing us off our trolling line. Three boards and a pair of sea anchors had us at the right speed.

We trolled for almost an hour before the outside board went off - Love those words - " Fish On " QP took the rod and fought the fish very carefully. I took a photo of the fight, backlight by the sun.

mTZ0J.jpg

Laker John manned the net and scooped the fish and the ice was broken, we wouldn't be skunked on the day..... IT was a nice fish that tipped the scales at an even 10 lbs.

1NvBpS.jpg

We continued the trolling and eventually worked our way into the lee of the west shore to get a break from the wind. As we made a turn to head back downwind the QP noticed the board dragging. He passed the rod to me and we were into another fish. The netting process almost broke down as I was unable to get the fishs head and body high enough to slip the net under it. QP did a great job and the fish was ours.

This one was a smaller fish, 8 lbs but nonetheless truly appreciated.

M6sHJ.jpg

We trolled back and forth and couldn't entice any more takers, so we headed back down the Reach to QP had seen some fish on Saturday.We set the rods and the boards out and ran with the wind as it was blowing from the SW. We followed the deep water into the mouth of Hay Bay and eventually found a trolling line in 27' of water.

The sun was setting and we knew we had head for the ramp. Laker John said " One Last Cast " indicating that the end of the day was near. We laughed about the last cast and sure enough one of the boards swept back. Magic words - Fish ON!!!!

Laker John took the rod and I got the net ready, then QP yelled Fish ON - A DOUBLE Header..................... QP passed me the rod and he took the net to get Laker John's fish. Swish and the fish was in the net. A quick scramble to get the fish out and unhook the hooks and sweep the one on my rod into the waiting net.

Both fished landed and both prime fish for the table. Laker Johns' was a solid 4 lbs and mine was a fat 3 lber. The adrenalin was pumping thru our veins and the cold experienced moments before was gone.

We set the rods again as we had five minutes for one more cast!!!! Our thoughts were that we would very happy at our results, when the rod was pulled back and FIsh ON..... QP handled the rod and Laker John applied the net and we had another one in the 'extra time' for fishing.

QP's fish was a fat under 25 inch 7 pounder - this fish has been feeding!!!! Back to the ramp, boat out, gear stowed and thanks to Chris from the Dew Drop; Inn a moment for a photo.

mU300.jpg

It was another good day of fall fishing, the count finalized at 5 fish landed, a couple of other strikes that didn't hook up - all in all a great day. The company in the boat all enjoyed themselves and we shared stories and fishing experiences.

A big THANK YOU to QuintePrince for his hospitality and for the day fishing. Laker John and I wish him the best in his fishing endeavours.

The water was at 39 degs F, so it's dropped four degs in the last few days. We used several lures, but the success came on a Manns Stretch plus 20 -Bueberry Muffin, a Firetiger Power Dive and a Silver/Blue Reef Runner.

With the soft water, there is plenty more fishing to be done. Stay Tuned

Cheers

Edited by superdad