Our hunt camp got featured

Dara

This fall was our 90th aniversary and a reporter from the Sault star showed up to do an article.

We have been told that it will be in Ontario out of Doors magazine as well. this i will believe when i see it.

The paper had full page pictures of the group but here is the story at least.

http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2208434

I have been going there for about 30 years. This year was my 25th as a member. My son got a membership last year.

Its just a group of guys that all enjoy a good time together.

The article was wrong...there are 7 bedrooms up and one down, not just 4 up as reported

Thats awsome dara, if those walls could talk i bet they'd tell quite the story...lol I have been privelidged enought to be invited to a camp on the French River three years ago. Apparently it has been there since the 30's. One member is in his early 70's and has been going there for 50 some odd years i believe. He has a whole bucket full of wild stories from "back in the day". I enjoy hearing every one of them.

nice! i'll join haha!

The thing I dont like about todays hunts,is they got the easy way.

Ya know,no dragging out the harvest(MILE OR SO THROUGH TREES AND BUSH).They just pull up thier 4x4,s ,load and go.

I,ll bet if you ask any oldtimer(although many of them couldnt do it now,Im sure there are a few that still could)

Thats the part of the hunt that makes it.Down your animal,gut it,drag to get it back to camp.and drink and bragg.

Something thats missing from todays hunts. IMO

nice! i'll join haha! i seen the article in the paper today! i wished they took pics of the actual camp.

The camp is in the pictures, group shot in front of it, kitchen and livingroom shot. I will post some Monday.

I believe the wait list for the Canadian side has only one name on it right now.

The thing I dont like about todays hunts,is they got the easy way.

Ya know,no dragging out the harvest(MILE OR SO THROUGH TREES AND BUSH).They just pull up thier 4x4,s ,load and go.

I,ll bet if you ask any oldtimer(although many of them couldnt do it now,Im sure there are a few that still could)

Thats the part of the hunt that makes it.Down your animal,gut it,drag to get it back to camp.and drink and bragg.

Something thats missing from todays hunts. IMO

I drug a deer a half mile through that this year. From the bottom end of our property it would be close to a mile drag till you could get a ATV to it. But yeah..it is easy enough

Thats awsome dara, if those walls could talk i bet they'd tell quite the story...lol I have been privelidged enought to be invited to a camp on the French River three years ago. Apparently it has been there since the 30's. One member is in his early 70's and has been going there for 50 some odd years i believe. He has a whole bucket full of wild stories from "back in the day". I enjoy hearing every one of them.

Back in the day, this camp was the place to visit during deer season.

Evenings were poker games and drinking.

All the local hunters would stop by. The CO would visit and have dinner with us once or twice during the season.

The guy that built the house had 11 children...yes..some stories.

When my kids were young we used to gather them and a bunch of their friends, probably 12 or so kids and half a dozen adults and have a kids weekend at camp in the fall.

Skeet shooting, hikes in the woods, down into the cedar swamp..then hide and seek after dark.

All members have a key and can use the place at any time...yep..memories