The boys first fishing experience...

Time is tight these days, work is busy, the kids both had the flu, the house seems to be perpetually torn apart and the reno work never ending. But hey - unfortunately, some folks will be out of work this holiday season, both my kids are healthy, and I have a solid roof over my families head so best not to complain right? Well I sure hope Santa bring's me a little spare time for Christmas, as slaying gobies with the kids got old a LONG LONG time ago! :lol:

BUT, as is usually the case, Averie was on me to take her out again. And seeing as we had some unseasonably warm weather for November, I decided to take the baby boy out and give him his first taste of fishing. Averie caught her usual myriad of gobies, while the boy and I tried our luck at some panfish. Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be, and the kid showed me up once again. I think I spent more time removing gobies from her hook than fishing.....either way, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Headin' Out.

IMG_4752.jpg

Team Goby Killers!

IMG_4758.jpg

Averie's First catch of the day...

IMG_4764.jpg

And Luke wouldn't hold a fish, which was probably a good thing because I'm sure it would have gone strait into his mouth!

IMG_4761.jpg

Hey Ryan thats awesome Averie likes fishing so much and Luke will be just as interested in time. takes alot of patience to fish with little ones .I'm off for X-mas starting the 23 till the 4th so other than the obvious days let me know if your not busy and I will put ya on some L.Erie chromers before the good sections close for the year .

And Luke wouldn't hold a fish, which was probably a good thing because I'm sure it would have gone strait into his mouth!

Too funny Ryan!

and true......lol

Love that pick of Avery with her arm around the wee lad...looks like she's imparting fishing knowledge...classic pic!

Cheers dude

hope Santa brings ya that spare time

regards

Simon

very nice to see ya out there Ryan the kids will love these days even if they are a little young to remember and your right about the Nov weather it sure was nice.

I just took the dog out for a bedtime pee and there's a skim of ice across our backyard pond... so much for the nice weather "Eh" ... I say bring on the ice.

Couple real lucky kids there Ryan !! (and it's a two way street I'm sure! lol)

I'm taking a couple of "kids" fishing tomorrow myself.... (one's 55.. the other 30 or so ! lol)

Bah, gotta love'em Irish... no matter how much of a pain in the behind they can be...and they sure can be a pain sometimes, you just gotta love'em! Good luck with the "Kids" tomorrow... hopefully they don't cry as much as mine do! haha

Great to see kids having fun I think :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Richard

Thanks Richard... gotta start them off early.. get it imprinted...like steelhead to their home river!

Luke is getting BIG!!!

You have NO idea Dano... He's a monster. I'm amazed that little Ginny is able to haul him around all day.

Atta boy, nice to see you get both out at once!

As a dad of two young ones myself I know from experience that's a feat in itself. :)

I knew one of you guys would feel my pain! haha as much fun as it was to get them out... Luke was bored after 15 minutes..the attention span of a 6 month old isn't very long... and Averie didn't want to leave. There was some tears, and compromise before we made it to the truck.

Ahhh budday. Almost makes me want to have a coupla rug rats... Almost. :D;)

At least wait t'il the honeymoon brother....and then maybe enjoy the married life a little first... ;) Averie was an "oops" baby, but if you run the numbers on Luke he's legit! :lol:

Hey Ryan thats awesome Averie likes fishing so much and Luke will be just as interested in time. takes alot of patience to fish with little ones .I'm off for X-mas starting the 23 till the 4th so other than the obvious days let me know if your not busy and I will put ya on some L.Erie chromers before the good sections close for the year .

Alright buddy I'll give you a shout. I think I'm only really taking the 24th to the 27th off but we'll see if we can connect for sure over the holidays!

Too funny Ryan!

and true......lol

Love that pick of Avery with her arm around the wee lad...looks like she's imparting fishing knowledge...classic pic!

Cheers dude

hope Santa brings ya that spare time

regards

Simon

Yeah my wife loved that pic Simon.... Between that and the quiet time she gained from that trip I think I got a little mommy daddy time in... ;) I guess your little one likes to try to eat everything in sight also!

Bah, gotta love'em Irish... no matter how much of a pain in the behind they can be...and they sure can be a pain sometimes, you just gotta love'em! Good luck with the "Kids" tomorrow... hopefully they don't cry as much as mine do! haha

Just hope Terry doesn't miss a fish... you've never heard such a noise........ :lol:

Your little man is growing like a weed, and definitely a good thing he doesn't hold the fish. Don't know why, but if it fits in their hand, it goes in their mouth, haha, I know. And looks like the little lady is a born fisher girl, you did well in her training. :)