looking for boat around 20,000 need help

bigredfisher

Darryl dont bother with any of these chooches.......all people know how to do on this site is talk trash and when you say something back they just kick you off because they have nothin better to do with their sad lives. Cant wait to get out to the sand bar on that bad boy!

Yep, you're onto us. We kicked off 7,651 people last month alone..... :whistling:

Almost surpassing the previous record of 7,982. :w00t:

I have read your backround and I can see why Roy made the statement that he did. He was not slamming you he was pointing out that you in the past you have been asking for opinions and help and not acting on it. Some of the information passed on to you took time and effort on other peoples part and some even indicate they would go far out of their way to help. Rather than yelling you actually should have apologized for the past "trolling sessions" and then explained how this was different. I would consider that a better path to making friends and fishing partners here on OFC.

Art

Darryl dont bother with any of these chooches.......all people know how to do on this site is talk trash and when you say something back they just kick you off because they have nothin better to do with their sad lives. Cant wait to get out to the sand bar on that bad boy!

It seems by you being able to read this reply you are wrong.......Calling out the mods and flaming them " Any of these CHOOCHES""to do with their SAD LIVES"would and should be grounds for you to be banned but hey I am not a mod yet.....so you will stay for now.

Art

when you are about to spend 20 grand on a boat. Um ya im going to look atlitte bit. So when i asked in sept i was still deciding.

(quote) "Think about it. Dont talk about me like that "hes not gonna buy it, so go on and stop helping him, something about a post in september he says and still no boat"

well your right no boat but i was still looking around (do i not have any right to "look around and window shop a bit" ).

quote from alplumma

"Calling out the mods and flaming them" what i have to say about this: this is what there doing to me

"I have read your backround and I can see why Roy made the statement that he did. He was not slamming you he was pointing out that you in the past you have been asking for opinions and help and not acting on it. Some of the information passed on to you took time and effort on other peoples part and some even indicate they would go far out of their way to help. Rather than yelling you actually should have apologized for the past "trolling sessions" and then explained how this was different" what i have to say : what did he benefit by saying this??? please do tell me.

this too :

" Hey you know those machines they can put on a car...like a breathalizer.. and you have to blow into it to prove you are sober before you can drive your car??

They need those for computers...especially at 3:00 am." was this really neccesary ? Really is this very respectful when all i was asking was advice from fellow fishermen? NOT REALLY MATURE IF YOU ASK ME, especially from a "grown up"

for the ones that did help me. I thank you soo much. It is very appreciated.

bye for now

Edited by bigredfisher

" Hey you know those machines they can put on a car...like a breathalizer.. and you have to blow into it to prove you are sober before you can drive your car??

They need those for computers...especially at 3:00 am." was this really neccesary ? Really is this very respectful when all i was asking was advice from fellow fishermen? NOT REALLY MATURE IF YOU ASK ME, especially from a "grown up"

That wasn't directed at you...

and who said I'm a 'grown up'?

Guest steel'n'esox

20,000 is a lot of money to drop on a boat or anything these days in this economy, looking since Sept does not seem abnormal, I spent 8 months looking for a Hemi Grand Cherokee until I was satisfied, and classic car buffs spend years looking for their perfect ride, not all of us can be like Tiger and have a different ride every night :whistling:

quote from alplumma

"Calling out the mods and flaming them" what i have to say about this: this is what there doing to me

"I have read your backround and I can see why Roy made the statement that he did. He was not slamming you he was pointing out that you in the past you have been asking for opinions and help and not acting on it. Some of the information passed on to you took time and effort on other peoples part and some even indicate they would go far out of their way to help. Rather than yelling you actually should have apologized for the past "trolling sessions" and then explained how this was different" what i have to say : what did he benefit by saying this??? please do tell me.

Since you asked for an answer in your statement I need to bring up a post from the past.here is the quote

OFC HAS REALLY GONE DOWNHILL

I would like to know what happened to the OFC board. This used to be a great board with lots of info. Now all it is is a place to run people down when they ask a question. Comeon people come on this board wanting to get some info and that is what it was made for. Now everone is afraid to make a post asking a question without getting run down. I will no longer be visting for a while because this has got to be too much. I post a question about my car even and get run down what the hell is with that. This board needs a serious "clean up" and untill then i will be sticking to ************ ( named another fishing board edited by head mod/ owner TJ.)

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH

unquote

This above thread that you started in anger because of the car thread previously was a slap in the face of all of the OFNCer's that have tried to answer or show you in humor that we can't diagnose your cars ailments from the description that you had posted. The above thread points out that you do not want to put in the time to help correct OFC but rather you want the mod's to clean up as you state the people who you feel ran you down. You then leave in disgust but not before advertising the name of another forum.

So here is how Roy "benefited" form his post:

He took the time to read your past posts and see that you used OFC in the past with threads that were expending resources from members that did not know how ungrateful you were in the recent past. All of the Mod's as their first duty are charged with keeping this board profitable or it will not pay it's bills and not exist. The second thing they are charged with is keeping the people that make up this board comfortable it means to remove people that aggravate, flame or appear to be trolling. Since your previous 4 threads were 3 for information and 1 to bash OFC he felt instead of deleting your post he would call you on your past in an attempt to see what your intentions were. I think he was hoping that you would do what I suggested after the fact but you chose the same path as you did before and that was to bash the MOD's in CAPITOLS.

If you want your future here to be one of fun and helpfullness then take the time to contribute were you can and if your thread goes

South on you then have the ability to analyze why and not lash out in anger.

The question after you read this most likely is why did Art take the time and effort to write this: The answer is I enjoy OFC and think that you have the ability to become a contributing member and adding value to this site.

Art Aplumma

Honestly... I would wait till spring. I have a feeling gas prices will head back up and the bigger boats will be discounted like they were this past spring.

You don't NEED a boat now...you WANT a boat now. Wait awhile and you will get the perfect boat.

Now that being said..if I had the cash I would have bought that Lund in a heartbeat. I would have begged and bribed my way into that ride. It was the best deal on a boat we have had here in recent memory...easily worth 12,000 and going for 7,000. I would drive a bit to save 5,000 and put up with hassles and paperwork. I may have even begged the owner to drive it over here and hand him the cash plus a little extra for delivery and then deal with the paperwork hassles later.

TonyB was selling his Lund that he won for around 20K..don't know if he still has it or not.

Beyond that Rick, our dollar is still hovering around 96 cents in spite of the Bank of Canada holding the line on interest rates (new rate announcement is coming tomorrow - just watch, the rates won't budge).

Once people get their January credit card bills, the US dollar will dip and the Loonie will hit par again, probably by mid-February, right in time for the spring fishing show.

That would be the time to watch for deals, especially on used boats. Things are pretty quiet for boat dealers between then and May, so many will be inclined to deal.

20,000 is a lot of money to drop on a boat or anything these days in this economy, looking since Sept does not seem abnormal, I spent 8 months looking for a Hemi Grand Cherokee until I was satisfied, and classic car buffs spend years looking for their perfect ride, not all of us can be like Tiger and have a different ride every night :whistling:

kudos to that