NF How to tape WFN on VCR now that I have satelite

Fishn Technishn

OK. I finally decided to take the plunge and ditch Rogers and now have Bell Expressvu WITH WFN!!!

Now I need to figure out the EASY/BEST way to tape shows on the VCR.

I know I am gonna fell real silly after someone points me in the right direction but I am having trouble getting it to work. :wallbash: ....HELP!!

FT

Guest gbfisher

You're limited to taping only shows that you watch.......with a VCR,,,,,,, :D , I could be wrong. Its been a while....lol

Get a PVR if you got Sat....

Edited by gbfisher

It depends on the box from Bell, if your box from Bell will permit timer recording, then you set the timer box to record on the channel you want and set your VCR(the audio/video signal is passing thru the VCR) to ch 3 and set it to record at the same time as the Bell box.

If your Bell box doesn't have timer recording capability, then you're euchered.......

You can record a program that you are watching.

Hope that helps.

David aka Superdad

PS JUst wired my PVR to the TV and now have to spend some time and figure out the - how get the signal to my DVD recorder - It's in th procedure book.

OK. I finally decided to take the plunge and ditch Rogers and now have Bell Expressvu WITH WFN!!!

Now I need to figure out the EASY/BEST way to tape shows on the VCR.

I know I am gonna fell real silly after someone points me in the right direction but I am having trouble getting it to work. :wallbash: ....HELP!!

FT

See if you can pick up an extra decoder box. They show up used occasionally.

JF

OK, here is the way I'm wired up, have a DVD recorder now but it worked with the VCR before that. Take the HDMI output off the sat receiver and run a HDMI cable direct to the input on TV, it will probably be input HDMI #1 on your TV remote, you this for normal TV viewing, if you have hi definition I believe you would have to use this to get hi def. Also on the back of the sat receiver, you will see 3 outputs , one yellow (video) and a black and a red which are the left and right stereo channels, run these to the VCR inputs and then run from the same from the VCR outputs to the same inputs on the TV, this will probably be input AV#1 on the TV remote.

OK, when you want to record, turn on the VCR the sat receiver and go to input AV# 1 on the TV. Set the timer on the VCR, if it works you should have the onscreen menu, also need to set the desired channel on the sat receiver and leave it there. Now you can turn off the TV, but you have to leave the sat receiver on and on the desired channel, If I remember right my VCR had to be turned off for timer recording, yours may be different, I'll leave you to read your manual for that. That should get you going.

NOTE: you can't watch one channel while recording another unless you have one of the dual tuner receivers.

Edited by dave524