two fisherman

vinnimon

you tell me,tried to take a pic but the cell died.Caledonia dam sunday mid morning.At this time a few officers drive by,slowdown and look.Havent seen an officer all morning.So I interfered with the third rod.In a suttle manner hoping for someone to notice and take a pic.Officers in a local fishing area as such should be able to monitor for the mnr.Or maybe a camera?That would help. :dunno::dunno: an extra expense i guess.Just my 2 cents,but if anyone was out there that day.I would like to hear your opinion.

Has there ever been charges pressed on a poacher not caught in the act, but with a picture for proof or sending a licence plate #? Just curious if it works.

The opp in caledonia has had there hands full,last summer on there breaks they were taking walks along the river.Asking friendly how the fishing was going.Thats all.They were on there break.And a good bunch they were.

I just read read why a certain someone implied that I was high.I was distracted and didnt continue on.Sorry.And no Im not high,There is a high estregine level in this house.3 to 1.Odds are not in my favour :Gonefishing::Gonefishing::Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

hopefully you have more then 3 bathrooms :dunno: ...or do you pee outside? :lol:

you tell me,tried to take a pic but the cell died.Caledonia dam sunday mid morning.At this time a few officers drive by,slowdown and look.Havent seen an officer all morning.So I interfered with the third rod.In a suttle manner hoping for someone to notice and take a pic.Officers in a local fishing area as such should be able to monitor for the mnr.Or maybe a camera?That would help. :dunno::dunno: an extra expense i guess.Just my 2 cents,but if anyone was out there that day.I would like to hear your opinion.

I'm sure this would make a lot more sense if you had been able to take a picture. :wacko:

Don't worry too much about the poachers Vinni, they'll get caught soon enough. A digital camera has become a necessary tool for the avid fisherman these days... and we love to see pics of poachers on here!!! ;) You can get a pretty nice digital camera for under 100 bux now, maybe Santa should bring you one? :santa:

If the estrogen level was 3 to 1 in this house, I'd go fishing every day! :rolleyes:

Tell your wife to quit hitting you in the head with the wooden spoon! ;)

Regarding your comment that the police in caledonia have had their hands full in the last few years ( suppose you mean to native occupation of that build site.. )

Police were present, hands full? not likely since they did absolutely nothing to help the people of caledonia.

that aside, The Caledonia dam is one of the spots that is unfortunately very pooly enforced.

If it was enforced you'd see everyone gettin booted from fishing the whirlpools/fish ladders as that obviously violates the regs...

But it just gets worse every year.

As someone who grew up in caledonia.. its a sad sad thing for sure.

I am no ninja either, but I know a few locals who take their own revenge on those who ignore the rules.. more then a few flat tires and "accidental" bucket knock overs into the river have come when these guys have been OOS fishing / fishing illegally ( saw one guy w/ a net dragging it through the main run on the south side , after his 2nd fish netted in 5 minutes i had enough and the net "dissapeared" when he returned to his truck to drop his fish off.. oooops! )

anyways,

dont be shocked by them usin 3 rods, thats the least of the infractions you can expect to see there on any given fall or spring weekend.

mnr, police do nothing.

If any pictures were takin,yesterday morning?And if anyone seen the same thing? There were a lot looking at them.Im not a kung fu fighter.Just a peaceful fisherman.

No need to be a "kung fu fighter" to politely walk up to someone who is obviously breaking the law and inform them of the regs.

Especially with an approach of kindness.... It is possible that they did not know they can't have more than one line per person in the water from land.

How many of us started fishing without reading the regs first ? ;)

I know I did.

Kinda like putting a model airplane together as a kid and having an extra part or two on the floor at the end... THEN I read the instructions.

Why is it allowed to fish the dam in Caledonia when it's not anywhere else?

Its not...

Its supposed to be 100 feet.. But the MNR never does anything about it.

Vin, who was it that was using 3 rods?

I left the creek and went to the dam at around 1:30-2 and I didn't see anyone. There was a father teaching his daughter how to wade and fish.. was pretty cool.

And the usual people I see there as well..

Regarding your comment that the police in caledonia have had their hands full in the last few years ( suppose you mean to native occupation of that build site.. )

Police were present, hands full? not likely since they did absolutely nothing to help the people of caledonia.

that aside, The Caledonia dam is one of the spots that is unfortunately very pooly enforced.

If it was enforced you'd see everyone gettin booted from fishing the whirlpools/fish ladders as that obviously violates the regs...

But it just gets worse every year.

As someone who grew up in caledonia.. its a sad sad thing for sure.

I am no ninja either, but I know a few locals who take their own revenge on those who ignore the rules.. more then a few flat tires and "accidental" bucket knock overs into the river have come when these guys have been OOS fishing / fishing illegally ( saw one guy w/ a net dragging it through the main run on the south side , after his 2nd fish netted in 5 minutes i had enough and the net "dissapeared" when he returned to his truck to drop his fish off.. oooops! )

anyways,

dont be shocked by them usin 3 rods, thats the least of the infractions you can expect to see there on any given fall or spring weekend.

mnr, police do nothing.

Afew years back the officers monitored the dam,And i have seen charges laid regularly.Mainly tresspassing,and some for not having licenses.When it first came into effect.Also for littering.The bucket knock overs, good for him.I think thats why I rarely catch a crappy or sunfish at mountsberg.Too many buckets filled.Well for the grand itself my eyes are wide open,its not what it used to be.And few extra restictions would help.Pickerel fishing has been better lately but the pike are a lot smaller than average.

Don't worry too much about the poachers Vinni, they'll get caught soon enough. A digital camera has become a necessary tool for the avid fisherman these days... and we love to see pics of poachers on here!!! ;) You can get a pretty nice digital camera for under 100 bux now, maybe Santa should bring you one? :santa:

If the estrogen level was 3 to 1 in this house, I'd go fishing every day! :rolleyes:

Tell your wife to quit hitting you in the head with the wooden spoon! ;)

I try, trust me I try.Or do something related to fishing.

Why is it allowed to fish the dam in Caledonia when it's not anywhere else?
Good question.A guy a few weeks back went nuts over a few that were fishing the dam.The south side can be dangerous,and will suck you in,if your not geared properly.This guy was on the north side and I dont blame him for his anger towards these few.