Tournament Series

mbac31

Just boucing some ideas out there for a Tournament series for OFC Members. I was wondering how many guys would like to have a series say like 4 or 5 tournaments . $50 maybe for 2 anglers. Have a classic depnding on the amount of interest and with the blessing of the higer ups. :D This is very prliminary right now but I could set something up if this generates enough interest. Please post ideas if you have them.

I wouldn't be able to go to all events(depending of course) but my friend and I were both liking the idea of pro/am tourny's, but this might be a good series if all goes well.

Take this serious, if it were Scugog or Rice, perhaps Balsam or Couching I can and would be there, no big boat for me but hey it would do the job.

At this time in the forum's life I think it can be done.

I'm In,

MTBF

I'd definitely be up for it as I'm sure many board members would be as well. It would bring together a lot of members that don't make it to the G2G's I would imagine. Wouldn't be able to make it to all 5 that's for sure, probably one or two though. I'm sure the board admins have thought about running board tourney's before, would be interested to know their thoughts about it.

Dont need a big boat or anything like that. Just a series, restricted of course that is open to all on OFC. Local lakes would be chosen by OFC members in a polling section and depending on how many tournaments chosen we would then pick the top ones for that amount. It would be a Pro/Am style maybe. Guys would go in as boaters and others would be drawn as non boaters. That way cheating is basically eliminated. Just an idea

Make it multi species, and I'd do it.

Go with the seasons. Perch derby first, then crappies, then walleye, musky, bass..................etc. I think multi species makes for a much more rounded angler. I don't do bass at all, but I can catch all the rest pretty good :)

S.

Like Sinker said,

Smaller boat waters, centralized.

perch/crappie in April (cooks bay only) Roaches boundry

Pike in may - Canal/ cooks bay / ?

Walleye in early june - Rice / Scugog / ?

Bass in July - Cameron / Scugog / ?

Classic Bass/Walleye combo in Sept. - Tri lakes / Quinte (Bay only)

Just a couple ideas.

Edited by Harrison

Insurance is not an issue. Guys will have to sign a waiver that all parties involved including OFC are not liable. Guys will have to have insurance on their rigs regardless. Thats a given on the water right now as well as obeying all rules and haveing the boaters card is mandatory.

im also on a local board and they do tones of little tournies like this a waver is a must so no one gets sued and its always better if everyone is able to compete because there are lots of amazing anglers out there that cant afford a huge boat to fish big waters and multi species is always a good way to go i would be interested

Guest buick14

I think its a great idea, could be really fun.....could also have a separate every man/women for themselves shore fishing tourney at the same time judged separate for those who are used to slamming fish from shore...

keep me posted on this topic, I'm very interested!

Sounds great to me! Sounds like a lot of work for the organizers though if your talking about 4 or 5 tourney's with weigh in stations. One idea to try and appeal to people that enjoy targeting certain species is to have a prize for the largest fish of several species instead of having species specific tourneys. I was in a tournament this fall that ran like that and it works great providing you get good participation. This would also facilitate having each tourney in a different geographical location so that most people that want to participate can without having to travel too far.