Closing up the camp...

Fishnwire

Well, summer's over and winter is on it's way. I've decided to go into camp tomorrow and close it down for the year. I'll be up this winter on the sleds, but I like to take all my canned goods and anything else I don't want freezing out. Also I have to take my motors home and winterize the big generator. There's a few other odds and ends to clear up aswell. I hate this job so much...it's not that the job itself is hard or a pain in the neck...its just what it represents. I don't even want to think about how many weeks it will be between now and the next time I'll be throwing top-waters for chunky smallies. I wish I could hibernate until the 4th weekend in June. I keep thinking about a particular late morning this past August when I stopped fishing in the middle of a really hot bite because I was hungry and wanted to go back to camp to chow down. What a waste! I'd starve myself for a week if it meant I could be back there right now.

Ice fishing is fun...but let's face it, it doesn't compare to the heart pounding action of a really good top-water bite under a shinning sun. I feel like a crack addict facing months of rehab.

Edited by Fishnwire

Well, summer's over and winter is on it's way. I've decided to go into camp tomorrow and close it down for the year. I'll be up this winter on the sleds, but I like to take all my canned goods and anything else I don't want freezing out. Also I have to take my motors home and winterize the big generator. There's a few other odds and ends to clear up aswell. I hate this job so much...it's not that the job itself is hard or a pain in the neck...its just what it represents. I don't even want to think about how many weeks it will be between now and the next time I'll be throwing top-waters for chunky smallies. I wish I could hibernate until the 4th weekend in June. I keep thinking about a particular late morning this past August when I stopped fishing in the middle of a really hot bite because I was hungry and wanted to go back to camp to chow down. What a waste! I'd starve myself for a week if it meant I could be back there right now.

Ice fishing is fun...but let's face it, it doesn't compare to the heart pounding action of a really good top-water bite under a shinning sun. I feel like a crack addict facing months of rehab.

Well last season was the first one I've tried ice-fishing, and now I look forward to winter! As much as I like summer fishing, I have to say I had just as much heart pounding action on the ice as I have on the soft stuff. That being said, I'd hate to shut down camp too. At least its cyclical!

I feel your pain.

I feel the same way every Sunday afternoon in the summer when I have to leave the cottage to come home. It really does suck!

I think that most of us can relate to this. It is my intention to try ice fishing this year for the first time (My seven year old is asking me to take him :huh: ) this year.

When I start to feel as you are feeling now I get on the web and start booking cottages for next year and buying way-too-much crap on the INTERNET.

I think it would be cheaper to actually be a crack addict.

Jim