24 for 72

aniceguy

Thats how many hours I fished in the last 3 days

Strike 1 Strike 2 Strike 3 You’re Out Of Here

A Phrase more commonly used for Baseball, and that’s what inspired the cluster of fishing I encountered this weekend. With the world series ending and seeing a true Indian Summer, I figured no better time than the present to get a few days of fishing in. The problem with that is that with mid Fall the options are enormous both for species and locations. I figured a trifecta was really in order.

Friday early a friend and I decided to take a cooler than normal day to go fish for some early fall brown trout, the action was far from the fast and furious but none the less it was an ok day by fall brown standards. Sadly my camera was at home so there are no current pictures but it was a nice day out and now armed with some fresh eggs its time for some extended fall fishing

the prize

Saturday came and figuring I would stay local, come home early and do some yard work with a bbq and kick back with some suds I didn’t venture far. If one knows what and where these fish are usually you can tie into a few, some were spectacular fall tanks and really hammer home why I love fall steelhead so much

Sometimes I ll take time to compose a picture and really make sure it reflects the moment and the fish also, sometimes it’s a point click and off I go day, I think this weekend was a bit of both

One of the many nice fish from the day

20091107_1059edit.jpg

I found this colored up male to be the the fittest of the lot and a fish that had some serious stones, he's one for the books this year for sure

20091107_1053edit.jpg

This fish had a really pretty chrome hue to her almost stright silver, another memorable fish for the day

20091107_1068edit.jpg

Finally the last two fish were noteworthy because of the way in which they fought. North shore Steelhead from some of the rivers in the fall have nothing on thier mind once hooked other then to turn and book as hard and as fast as they can these two were true examples of this, anyone knowing my girth will attest Im a sloth and wont chase fish, these two had me book 1/4 mile down river, in the end they were well worth the cause

20091107_1046.jpg

20091107_1072_edited-1.jpg

I enjoyed the beers afterwards on the deck watching my lamb chops cook, smiling about the day on the water and knew what was in store for the next day

Packed the boat and knowing that Erie would fish prime I asked a friend if he wanted to fish a tournament there, he was not into it so I said heck with it lets just fun fish....In retrospect it might not have been a bad Idea to have entered the bag was worth it.

Erie is like no place on planet Earth for monster smallies in November, where 3 pounders are clones under that is a dink and 4's are common with the chance at a 6 in every drift cast or jig.

I came home and looked at the pics and realized man I need to give my buddy a lesson in composition, but siffice to say Im exhaused from the day

I would have loved a few group shots but having lost my fizzing needle I wasnt prepared to have even a single one of these majestic toads float up so they were snapped and put back a great point for anyone bass fishing is to spin the fish for what ever the reason they always torpedo down deep and in these fishes case its the best for them.

The people that ran this event are some of the best bass conservationalists around and are always going to do whats best for the fish....

It really was one of those sweet fish days weather water and beyond that started with this

20091108_1075_edited-1.jpg

that turned into this

20091108_1076_edited-1.jpg

figuring we needed to move around a bit and after serious time spend on some highly detailed paper maps then checking them on the lake it was off to find these

20091108_1084_edited-1.jpg

20091108_1092_edited-1.jpg

It was pretty fast and furious but with no real wind it was a spot on a spot sort of day with fish spitting smelt so much that it turned into a gull bonanza too, everything eats way too much erie including me lol I had way to many mortedella sandwiches today, I dont know why I typed it but I did....

Anyhow after a small lul in the action we moved and found these final fish

20091108_1098_edited-1.jpg

Finally it ended on this note....it made the drive back to the ramp that much nicer

20091108_1095_edited-1.jpg

Thats it I fished for a total of close to 24 hours over the last 72, Im tired I stink I need several showers but god I love fall fishing....

Seems I have a touch of the flu and need a few days to recoperate, maybe I ll fish the next couple of days the fresh air does wonders

enjoy

I can't do justice to such a fine report!

Pics are great,

catches, stellar!

When you know the season and a freak weather system, you capitalize; like you did with precision.

Laid in waiting; Years of education paid off.

Well deserved :clapping: