Leafs - didn't I tell you they'd turn the corner...

siwash

As I posted in the anti-Leaf thread couple weeks back, the Leafs are playing up to their potential... There's no way that start was indicative of the way this team CAN play!

Things are looking up.. that's their 7th game where they outplayed their opposition...

they should be 8-3-2

2 wins in 14 games and on pace for a 54pt season.

I'd say it's time to plan the parade route :lol: .

It's still too early for that. After all, if you only look at the last two games as a season the Leafs are batting 1.000 but the way they're playing sure has a nice feel to it, and Kessel hasn't exactly sucked so far. They may not set the world on fire but they're giving some dayum good entertainment of late.

JF

Gustavvson looks amazing so far. Big, fast....a lot like Luongo. What a great pick up.

Makes all the difference, I agree. Not that Toskala is that bad, but the Leafs need someone who is extraordinary and it seems that the "Monster" fits the bill.

That and this was the first game where I actually felt that Kulemin had a presence. Hopefully, he's going to start blossoming into the potential that Jr thought he would :)

Gotta love the engergy guys - 4th line - getting the scoring started though. I was "coaching" wilson from my armchair to put them out right at that moment. Good thing he did!

;)

p.-

My guess is the Leafs will go undefeated the rest of the season......set many new NHL records and win the cup for the next 8 yrs.......I do wonder however which would be better...Spadina or Young???

Decisions....decisions.......

:dunno:

Ottawa has not turned a profit since the cup finals when they got slaughtered by Anaheim. Before Melnyk they could not turn a profit, ask Bryden. They have tailed off and will continue to. Melnyk will soon see that Ottawa are fair weather fans that only turn out for winners. They are having a marginal amount of success this year and are still turning out only 14000 a game. Regional TV contract is barely manageable. Ottawa can not support an CFL team let alone an NHL team.

The route would be bay street. A long time has passed since then. Where did Ottawa have there last Stanley cup Parade Colonel by drive is pretty windy just like the sens future.

they should be 8-3-2

hockey is a team game. Obviously their "team" hasn't been as good as the other team or they would have had a better record. In my opinion their record is exactly what it should be, because something they've done has caused them to lose (netminding? penalties? can't score?). "Should" have won a game is meaningless. I would think everyone on the planet thought the Red Wings "should" have beaten the Leafs...does that mean we take that one away from the Leafs and credit it to the wings?

Ottawa has not turned a profit since the cup finals when they got slaughtered by Anaheim. Before Melnyk they could not turn a profit, ask Bryden. They have tailed off and will continue to. Melnyk will soon see that Ottawa are fair weather fans that only turn out for winners. They are having a marginal amount of success this year and are still turning out only 14000 a game. Regional TV contract is barely manageable. Ottawa can not support an CFL team let alone an NHL team.

This is 100% false. Their lack of profit in the early years prior to Melnyk was a combination of two things, terrible management and overly burdening start-up costs and a time when the Canadian dollar was low and all Canadian teams were feeling the impact.

Their regional TV contract is no more or less manageable than any other teams.

The Sens have always been among the top teams in the league for attendance.

I have been to two Leaf games this year and both instances the stands were full of many empty seats, although I am sure a good number of them were sold as is the case in Ottawa.

Oh, and for what it's worth, attendance at CFL games in Ottawa was always strong and never the reason why the team struggled.

I get you are a Leafs fan and your default position is to slag the Sens but foolish is foolish and making things up is what it is as well.

2 wins in 14 games and on pace for a 54pt season.

I'd say it's time to plan the parade route :lol: .

They will be lucky lucky to get into the playoffs... but they will improve from last season. And Boston won't get a juicy pick... Kessel is a great player and the crop of young payers in their system is the best I've seen in the 32 years I've been watching this team. I look forward to the future... it' not here yet!

But as my original post stated, they are quite a bit better than their first 6 or 7 games... their past 8 games prive this point.

check your math... it's off with the one pointers..

No team will ever get 54 pts again

I will say this much more- I would take this Leaf roster any day over the Mtl roster.

they got lucky What does the titanic and the leafs have in common? They both look good till they hit the ice :lol::lol:

Luck? they've played their asses off for the past 10 games... they've outplayed their opponets for the past 10 games...

The funny part (well to me) is I told my dad "oh, here we go a 5 to 1 game" and I sure as hell didn't mean a win by the Leafs!

I guess a 62 TOTAL point season, sad I know but true...

62 pt seasons are thing of the past... the one point games will ensure that...

This is 100% false. Their lack of profit in the early years prior to Melnyk was a combination of two things, terrible management and overly burdening start-up costs and a time when the Canadian dollar was low and all Canadian teams were feeling the impact.

Their regional TV contract is no more or less manageable than any other teams.

The Sens have always been among the top teams in the league for attendance.

I have been to two Leaf games this year and both instances the stands were full of many empty seats, although I am sure a good number of them were sold as is the case in Ottawa.

Oh, and for what it's worth, attendance at CFL games in Ottawa was always strong and never the reason why the team struggled.

I get you are a Leafs fan and your default position is to slag the Sens but foolish is foolish and making things up is what it is as well.

Ottawa is barely profitable. They have little if any corporate support and if the dollar ever dips again, they're phacked...